(Solved) Tab width (userChrome)

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

bitingsock

(Solved) Tab width (userChrome)

Unread post by bitingsock » 2017-08-03, 05:48

I'm trying to use this bit in my userChrome.css but it behaves very strangly:
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) {min-width:0!important;max-width:100%!important;}
The first time I make a new tab in PM it devides the tabbrowser up evenly but when I close a tab it doesn't reset the single tab back to 100% width.
Then when I make another tab again it divides the tabbrowser in thirds as if the second one was never closed but with an obvious space in the middle where the second tab would have been.
It works in cyberfox and it was working in firefox back in 49 or so when I switched.

Solution: unless you have tab open and close animations turned off in about:config>browser.tabs.animate the userChrome.css must read like so:

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab[fadein]:not([pinned]) {min-width:0!important;max-width:100%!important;}
if you have about:config>browser.tabs.animate set to False then it would be

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) {min-width:0!important;max-width:100%!important;}
Attachments
Untitled.png
Last edited by bitingsock on 2017-08-03, 06:53, edited 3 times in total.

bitingsock

Re: Tab width (userChrome)

Unread post by bitingsock » 2017-08-03, 06:09

I've tried firefox portable 52 esr, 53, and 54 they all are not working as intended. I'm trying to narrow down what environment this actually works correctly in. My Cyberfox install behaves correctly but it could be any number of other things I have added on the installation

Edit: well I've tried all the way back to 28 (before australis) just to be sure. And they all behave like the current version. I remember this working on my FF install a couple years ago, what the heck could have been different...
Last edited by bitingsock on 2017-08-03, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.

bitingsock

Re: Tab width (userChrome)

Unread post by bitingsock » 2017-08-03, 06:39

Apparently,

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned])
needs to be

.tabbrowser-tab[fadein]:not([pinned]) 
instead and it works. can anyone enlighten me here?[/s]