Is it possible now to combine complete theme with a persona?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Latitude

Is it possible now to combine complete theme with a persona?

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-05, 11:38

Is it really possible to combine complete theme with a persona?

Thehandyman1957

Re: Is it possible now to combine complete theme with a persona?

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-06-05, 14:55

Yup, just use Persona Switcher 2.0.4.1-signed Load your theme and restart. Then choose your persona.

If you don't have any persona's yet you need to load those first so Persona Switcher has them in it's list.

There are themes that won't work with it and some that do. You just have to play around with it.

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-05, 18:15

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Yup, just use Persona Switcher 2.0.4.1-signed Load your theme and restart. Then choose your persona.

If you don't have any persona's yet you need to load those first so Persona Switcher has them in it's list.

There are themes that won't work with it and some that do. You just have to play around with it.
That extension only switches, not combines.

What I mean is a theme which we could switch/change personas inside it.
The theme is the "container" and the personas are the "liquids" that fill it.

We could change/switch the "liquids" or the personas as we like.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-06-05, 19:21

Yes, it does just that. For instance, I use Dark Moon 1.4.2 as my base theme. I then use Persona Switcher to cover the top and bottom fields in my theme just like paint. I then also use Theme Font & Size Changer 43.3 to change my icons to a Noia base and last but not least I use NewScrollbars (aka NoiaScrollbars) 1.2.5 for the final effect.
Screenshot - 6_5_2017 , 12_12_55 PM.png
The end result is a dark Noia theme with better coloring and dark semi transparent address and search bars.

Why not just use Noia Dark you ask, well because that wonderful theme will not allow skinning with persona's. ;)

Now at first use of Persona Switcher, it will disable your original theme. But after you have all the persona's you want you just re-enable the theme of your choice and when it's up and running, then use Persona's drop down box and pick the persona you want.

If your theme is compatible, then it will just paint over the original colors. If not then it will stay the same.

You will have to do this every time you change base themes. But after that you can just choose what ever persona you want with the drop down menu.

I played around with this for some time with all the dark themes available here at P.M. but I liked Dark Moon the best because of the shaded search and address bars. 8-)