[Tool] Theme Compatibility Provider

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

[Tool] Theme Compatibility Provider

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-28, 21:38

Not a theme per se, but very much related to them: I present the Theme Compatibility Provider, a set of patches to ensure that non-supported themes on Pale Moon work as they should, at least to a reasonable degree. It fixes the following:
  • URLbar feed button
    SSL padlocks (to integrate better with the theme in question)
    History Menu Button (on themes that do not use separate large and small icon sets)
    Download location indicator styling
    Indicator for no downloads
    Windows 10 caption button/titlebar appearance
    Developer tools
    HTML5 media controls
    Doubled text in the address bar (and related stylings)
    Double "learn more" links in notification popups
    Favicon when viewing standalone images (Pale Moon 27.3 and above)
This supersedes the Moonify userstyles, as this works universally across (most) themes.

You can download this right now on the Pale Moon Add-ons Site. Source code is on GitHub.

Enjoy!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Tool] Theme Compatibility Provider

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-04-26, 19:32

The Theme Compatibility Provider has been updated to v1.0.2. This fixes double "learn more.." links in notification popups, and adds a favicon when viewing standalone images (in Pale Moon 27.3 and above).

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-05-29, 01:13

Lootyhoof wrote: It fixes the following:
  • History Menu Button (on themes that do not use separate large and small icon sets)
Is it possible to fix the history-menu-button on themes that do use separate large and small icon sets (in a future release of the extension)?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-05-29, 01:35

gracious1 wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote: It fixes the following:
  • History Menu Button (on themes that do not use separate large and small icon sets)
Is it possible to fix the history-menu-button on themes that do use separate large and small icon sets (in a future release of the extension)?
No. There are way too many different ways a button could be mapped to the icon that this wouldn't be possible, and even then, it would have to be for specific themes (which, as mentioned, I would really prefer not to do, since this is a general solution).

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-01, 03:40

Lootyhoof wrote:Theme Compatibility Provider
There is no preferences at all?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-01, 12:04

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:Theme Compatibility Provider
There is no preferences at all?
And what would you provide as preferences? This is designed as a quick hotfix to solve most theme-related issues.

If you're referring to the toolbar icon discussion above, as I've already mentioned, how would either the extension or you the user know the exact dimensions of the icons? With some themes the large and small sizes are completely arbitrary. For example, my Qute Large theme has a large size of 30x30 and small size of 20x20. Moonfox3 uses 24x24 and 16x16. For an even more extreme example, Aeon Jumbo uses 32x32 icons.

It's a compromise that must be made.

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-01, 13:22

Lootyhoof wrote: And what would you provide as preferences? This is designed as a quick hotfix to solve most theme-related issues.

If you're referring to the toolbar icon discussion above, as I've already mentioned, how would either the extension or you the user know the exact dimensions of the icons? With some themes the large and small sizes are completely arbitrary. For example, my Qute Large theme has a large size of 30x30 and small size of 20x20. Moonfox3 uses 24x24 and 16x16. For an even more extreme example, Aeon Jumbo uses 32x32 icons.

It doesn't effect the themes originated from APO, right?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-01, 13:54

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote: And what would you provide as preferences? This is designed as a quick hotfix to solve most theme-related issues.

It doesn't effect the themes originated from APO, right?
Using it with those themes will cause more problems than it fixes, as they already contain the necessary fixes (for the most part...I'm still working on recent about:permissions stuff).

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-05, 18:19

Lootyhoof wrote: Using it with those themes will cause more problems than it fixes, as they already contain the necessary fixes
So, if I want to switch to a Pale Moon native theme, I must disable the extension, right?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-05, 19:05

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote: Using it with those themes will cause more problems than it fixes, as they already contain the necessary fixes
So, if I want to switch to a Pale Moon native theme, I must disable the extension, right?
Yes, it must be disabled.

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-05, 19:16

Lootyhoof wrote:Yes, it must be disabled.
I'm currently using FT DeepDark 9.5.4.

Is it OK to disable the old styles: "Moonify FT DeepDark" and "Pale Moon 27 Address/Status Bar Fix" while I'm using TCP?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-05, 19:25

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:Yes, it must be disabled.
I'm currently using FT DeepDark 9.5.4.

Is it OK to disable the old styles: "Moonify FT DeepDark" and "Pale Moon 27 Address/Status Bar Fix" while I'm using TCP?
This includes those stylings and many more, so yes, disable them.

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-06, 02:04

Lootyhoof wrote:This includes those stylings and many more, so yes, disable them.
Thank you for all hard work, BTW!