Combine Complete and Lightweight Theme?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Firefairy

Combine Complete and Lightweight Theme?

Unread post by Firefairy » 2017-01-08, 05:06

Pretty much what it says in the title: I would like to know if there is a way to combine a Complete theme (in my case, one of the Dark themes) and a Lightweight theme, in order to get both the look of buttons I like and a pretty background.

If necessary, I am not opposed to just editing the theme to include the lightweight theme as an element for personal use, but I am not sure how to do so. Also, it would rock if this were available as an on-the-fly tool or addon. Is there any such thing, or how would I make the changes I need on my downloaded theme?

Thehandyman1957

Re: Combine Complete and Lightweight Theme?

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-01-08, 05:38

Firefairy wrote:Pretty much what it says in the title: I would like to know if there is a way to combine a Complete theme (in my case, one of the Dark themes) and a Lightweight theme, in order to get both the look of buttons I like and a pretty background.

If necessary, I am not opposed to just editing the theme to include the lightweight theme as an element for personal use, but I am not sure how to do so. Also, it would rock if this were available as an on-the-fly tool or addon. Is there any such thing, or how would I make the changes I need on my downloaded theme?
When you say "light weight" do you mean "persona's"?

If so then there are some options. I use Dark Moon as it's the only dark theme that allows you to cover parts with a persona.
I use Classic Toolbar Buttons 1.4.2.1-signed to give me a choice of icons and I use Persona Switcher 2.0.4.1-signed to allow me to
switch persona's on the fly and this is my look.
Screenshot - 1_7_2017 , 10_39_28 PM.png
You have to enable Dark Moon first and then use persona switcher to add the persona on top.
Once done you can use persona switcher any time afterwards.
Screenshot - 1_7_2017 , 10_41_39 PM.png
Hope that helps. ;)

Firefairy

Re: Combine Complete and Lightweight Theme?

Unread post by Firefairy » 2017-01-23, 03:36

Thanks very much for the response!

Yes, I do mean Personas, I have seen them called both.

Thanks very much, once I figured out you meant the extension Persona Switcher, it worked!