Some broken themes Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Kudalufi
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Some broken themes

Unread post by Kudalufi » 2016-12-07, 15:06

I've noticed since 27 that there are a few themes (unbfortunately my favourite ones) that used to work that have some glitches in the address bar:
AddressBar.png
Is this just an artifact of the further divergence from Firefox, or is this a bug where Palemoon isn't honoring a theme's address bar font?
Ex Turbo Modestum

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Some broken themes

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2016-12-07, 15:14

Firstly, please make sure you are on PM 27.0.2.

Secondly, if you are using a PM specific theme (that is, any of the themes available here: https://addons.palemoon.org/themes/), please make sure you have updated the themes to the most recent version. Lootyhoof has fixed this in those themes.

If you are using a Firefox theme, there are various fixes that require adding code to userchrome (I think) or Stylish -- a forum search for "urlbar text" should reveal the threads that have previously discussed this issue and provided solutions for it. Or if you are using a Firefox theme that has already been ported over to PM (again, please see that link above), you might want to consider switching to the fixed PM specific version.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-07, 15:33

What theme is this, out of curiosity?

You should be able to use this to fix it:

https://userstyles.org/styles/135791/pa ... us-bar-fix

Kudalufi
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Kudalufi » 2016-12-07, 16:02

Yes I'm on 27.0.2. Thanks kindly for the link - that worked well to clear up the problem.

The picture I showed was from the theme Curacao, which is the theme I'm most interested in. The same problem exists with most of the same author's themes. I'm not a theme writer, but when I get a chance I'll take a look at that fix style and see if I can't fix the theme properly for inclusion on PM's theme page.
Ex Turbo Modestum