Lavafox Soon to Join PaleMoon!

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Lavafox Soon to Join PaleMoon!

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-05-22, 14:04

Latitude wrote:His [Ziggy's] skins are quite good although there are a missing toolbar icons.
What's missing? I haven't noticed this. I have both Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut and Toolbar Buttons installed and I've never had issues with missing buttons.

Ziggy has always been very responsive to my requests and issues - I'm sure that if you contact him with your issue he'll be very happy to help you with it.

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-05-22, 14:28

Shadeclan wrote: What's missing? I haven't noticed this. I have both Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut and Toolbar Buttons installed and I've never had issues with missing buttons.

Ziggy has always been very responsive to my requests and issues - I'm sure that if you contact him with your issue he'll be very happy to help you with it.
Only "Full screen" icon.

OK, I'll contact him.

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-05-22, 15:05

Latitude wrote:... Only "Full screen" icon ...
Do you mean this button?

I see 2 in my "Customize" menu - one from Toolbar Buttons and one from the interface. Perhaps installing Sort and Search Customization Dialogs and searching for "Full Screen" may help?

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-05-23, 11:48

Shadeclan wrote: Do you mean this button?

I see 2 in my "Customize" menu - one from Toolbar Buttons and one from the interface. Perhaps installing Sort and Search Customization Dialogs and searching for "Full Screen" may help?
Yes, that icon.

Good to know you don't experience my problem.
BTW, it is very small problem. I don't take it so seriously. I could ignore it.

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-05-23, 12:13

Latitude wrote:... Yes, that icon.

Good to know you don't experience my problem.
BTW, it is very small problem. I don't take it so seriously. I could ignore it.
It may be a small, unimportant issue but it's odd. :problem: :?

I wonder what's causing it? I'm sure you've switched between themes and have noted that the button is there with other themes and missing with Lavafox.
Could be an add-on causing the problem. Conversely, it could be an add-on I'm using that preserves or restores the button. Could be one of the Stylish snippets I'm using unintentionally restores the button for me.

You could install Toolbar Buttons and use its full screen button - that would be a nice work-around - you may even prefer that button.

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-06-15, 15:26

There's an issue with Lavafox 2.5.1 and mp4-type video formats. If you are running Lavafox 2.5.1 and would like to see this for yourself, you can see the issue on this webpage featuring the recent apartment fire in London.

Ziggy is aware of the bug:
Ziggy wrote:There's a bug with mp4 video (and similar formats) that I had to fix on FF, but it's predicted to crash previous FF versions, probably PaleMoon too now that you're saying ...

... so version 2.5.0 is the one for PM - thought so ... I also cannot support FF ESR since they did something .. (they also use version 2.5.0 and it's fine.)
Anyway all the latest theme updates does not affect PM's UI - it's all about new things Mozilla keeps changing so using version 2.5.0 does not mean anything is outdated for PM users. 100% sure ..
For anyone using Lavafox, I recommend downgrading to 2.5.0 until Ziggy starts hosting his themes on our extensions website. I'll let you know if that changes.

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-28, 14:01

:cry: :cry: :cry: Sad news. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ziggy has decided that, because of its support for LastPass and because it works with his themes better in its current configuration, Waterfox will be his main browser.

He will continue to support Pale Moon but I'm not sure to what extent - I will update the thread as developments occur.

As of 28 Aug 2017, current version of Lavafox that works with Pale Moon is v2.5.0., most recent version is 2.5.3. (will load in Pale Moon but causes the browser to explode when playing MP4 videos). I have suggested that he add some conditional statements into his theme for Pale Moon support so that he only needs to maintain a single version but I don't know how keen he will be on that idea.

It's very possible that Waterfox will soon succumb to the pressure and stop supporting XUL add-ons. When that happens, I'm sure Ziggy will repent and give full support to Pale Moon.

I really don't know what I could have done to make this swing differently but I did everything I could to help. I will continue to use every resource at my disposal to support and promote Pale Moon.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-28, 14:12

Ultimately it's Ziggy's decision which browser(s) to support or not support -- or even to stop doing theme work altogether.
Thanks for giving it your best effort, and he's welcome to return to Pale Moon any time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-28, 14:58

Moonchild wrote:Ultimately it's Ziggy's decision which browser(s) to support or not support -- or even to stop doing theme work altogether.
Thanks for giving it your best effort, and he's welcome to return to Pale Moon any time.
No worries, Moonchild. I didn't put him off in my reply. Did my best to keep channels open and offered to help him again at any time.

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-09-05, 13:24

Ziggy has decided to host his themes on the Pale Moon add-ons page but he's having some issues figuring out the website - he doesn't fully understand the instructions. I suggested he register on the forums and contact Mr. Tobin via private message - he has been meaning to do that anyway.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-09-05, 23:36

Shadeclan wrote:Ziggy has decided to host his themes on the Pale Moon add-ons page but he's having some issues figuring out the website - he doesn't fully understand the instructions. I suggested he register on the forums and contact Mr. Tobin via private message - he has been meaning to do that anyway.
Great news! :thumbup:

He will need to contact me though rather than Tobin as Tobin is not associated with the Add-ons Team at this time.

Shadeclan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-09-06, 12:56

Lootyhoof wrote: ... He will need to contact me though rather than Tobin as Tobin is not associated with the Add-ons Team at this time.
I'll let him know - Thanks!