How to apply a theme to the close, minimize and fullscreen buttons? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Weishaupt

How to apply a theme to the close, minimize and fullscreen buttons?

Unread post by Weishaupt » 2016-10-29, 10:13

As you can see in the following picture, the theme (in this case Dark Pitch 1.4.0 on Pale Moon 27b3 x86) is not applied fully to the buttons mentioned in the topic and to the edges of the window. Is there a way to fix it?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: How to apply a theme to the close, minimize and fullscreen buttons?

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-29, 13:21

In short: It's not possible.

Those areas are drawn by the system, rather than the browser, so it isn't possible to style them, at least for the window frame (there's dirty hacks to style the caption buttons, see older versions of XMoon, but...I really don't like them).

The only platform where it's possible to style the caption buttons correctly is Windows 10, where this is already actively being styled. :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-29, 13:33

Lootyhoof wrote:In short: It's not possible.
... yet ;)

I do plan to make a change here to always draw our own, skinned, caption buttons (when not using the menu bar). Once that has landed, it will become possible to skin these elements. Issue #160
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Weishaupt

Unread post by Weishaupt » 2016-11-01, 11:23

Moonchild wrote: ... yet ;)

I do plan to make a change here to always draw our own, skinned, caption buttons (when not using the menu bar). Once that has landed, it will become possible to skin these elements. Issue #160
Now that would be glorious since I (and I'm sure many others) are not migrating to Win 10 anytime soon. :clap: