Pale Moon 27 and complete themes

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Weboh
Moon lover
Moon lover

Pale Moon 27 and complete themes

Unread post by Weboh » 2016-10-24, 14:54

So, I saw as part of the announcement about Pale Moon 27 that complete themes are more likely to be incompatible. I've been going through my collection of complete themes, and it seems like the main issue is text in the address bar; for whatever reason, it likes to draw it twice in two different places so you can really only see the address bar text if you select it. It seems like a quick fix could be put in place to solve that issue. Either that, or we need someone besides Lootyhoof to port themes.

Actually Moonchild, how hard would it be to create a GUI for creating complete themes for Pale Moon 27? I'm amazed this doesn't exist yet. It seems like it would be easy to have one and have the program take care of the coding (like, have it know what code to write to make navigation buttons be navigation buttons). Since theming is a core feature of Pale Moon, it makes sense to have more support for making/sustaining them so that we aren't all dependent on one volunteer to have our themes.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Pale Moon 27 and complete themes

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-24, 16:59

All themes I maintain support Pale Moon 27 already, as they were updated just before the release of beta 2. ;)

I'd love for other people to join in on the theme effort, though!
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2016-10-24, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

dataprep
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Pale Moon 27 and complete themes

Unread post by dataprep » 2016-10-24, 17:11

Lootyhoof, you've done a great job in porting over the most popular Firefox complete themes. And you have updated the themes to ensure their compatibility with Pale Moon v27. Many kudos to you!! I wish I had time available to join you in supporting complete themes for PM. Unfortunately, I do not. Keep up the great work!! I'm sure I speak for many in saying your efforts are greatly appreciated!!