Compact Moon Extension causing check boxes not displaying correctly Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

yar1182

Compact Moon Extension causing check boxes not displaying correctly

Unread post by yar1182 » 2016-06-19, 18:40

Problem solved by moonchild. Was the compact moon theme causing the check boxes not to function properly. Specifically it's a combination of settings in compact moon options extension causing the problem.
Sorry if this has been covered. I did do a search but didn't really find anything that fit my issue except for a reference to an early PM build which is much earlier than the 26.2.2 (x86) that I am running. Search on the earlier issue in version 24 didn't bring up an useful results so I couldn't even confirm if it is the same or similar issue.

Running the same build 26.2.2 on both my desktop (windows 8) and laptop (windows 10) the check boxes or radio buttons in any and all menu's do not show checks when selected. So I can't tell if if I select something or not. I've tried various configurations of adjustments to screen resolution, text sizes, and about everything else I can think of but nothing works. The check boxes of course with in the various other browsers I run.

An example a check box. Clicking the item does not show a dot in the center showing it has been selected.

Any thoughts to how to fix it. I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling PM it at this point.
Last edited by yar1182 on 2016-06-21, 22:54, edited 4 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Check boxes not displaying correctly

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-06-19, 21:22

Are you using a custom theme or the default?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

yar1182

Unread post by yar1182 » 2016-06-20, 00:04

Wow thank you that was exactly it. It was the custom theme. I thought I had tried that but going back to the default theme fixed the check boxes.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-06-20, 04:31

Which theme was it? Was it one of ours?

yar1182

Unread post by yar1182 » 2016-06-20, 08:29

Matt A Tobin wrote:Which theme was it? Was it one of ours?
Its was compact moon, more specifically the compact moon options extension. The theme itself without the options extension works. Once the options extension is added the check boxes no long show they have been selected. It too bad I really liked the one button menu.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Compact Moon Extension causing check boxes not displaying correctly

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-06-20, 10:14

Even though this is being caused by an extension the extension is a companion to the theme I have moved the thread to the themes sub-board.

We need to ping Ryan (Lootyhoof) about it.

yar1182

Unread post by yar1182 » 2016-06-20, 15:55

cool, maybe he can fix it and i can go back to using compact moon with the one button menu. It's is awesome space saver on my laptop.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-06-20, 19:59

Matt A Tobin wrote:We need to ping Ryan (Lootyhoof) about it.
You rang? ;)

OP, a couple things:

1. Are you using a HiDPI display?
2. Did you enable any settings to make that happen, or just what's default?

yar1182

Unread post by yar1182 » 2016-06-21, 22:34

I don't believe either is a HiDPI display. I had to look it up to even figure out what a HiDPI is.

The desktop is running dual 27" LG monitors.
LG 27MP36HQ-B 27-inch Full HD IPS LED Monitor, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, HDMI, VGA Input (Black)

The laptop is running 15.6 inches Matte IPS FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolution.

I made a few changes the compact moon options. Let me test again running defaults.

yar1182

Unread post by yar1182 » 2016-06-21, 22:53

OK i did some experimentation and I believe it was some combination of settings in compact moon options. I should of did a few screen caps to see what I un-did. I reverted compact moon to all default settings as best as I could using the drop down menu's in compact moon options changing every selection I could find back to default. Then I restarted PM and the check boxes work. I next just selected the merge menu bar into one which is the feature I like the most and it still works.

I'll play with it a little to see if I can recreate the problem but it is some combination of compact moon options I believe.

Even when i uninstalled and reinstalled compact moon or the compact moon options both my desktop and laptop remember the previous settings.

yar1182

Unread post by yar1182 » 2016-06-21, 23:28

OK I have isolated the exact setting that is causing the issue. In compact moon options Theme - OS system colors - Very dark/black Backgrounds. Selecting this option causes the issue with both my desktop and laptop. Only other setting I have toggled on is one button menu.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-06-27, 22:10

This one is likely to cause issue on any system without a dark system theme - it's there to cater to those folks. :)

Declaring this one a non-issue.