Compact Moon 1.2.2: Pos. of Buttons on the status bar :-/

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Compact Moon 1.2.2: Pos. of Buttons on the status bar :-/

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2016-06-11, 21:19

After using it for nearly half a year, I began to find it annoying... The default configuration of Compact moon, that is, 0 for the Add-on bar height (set via Compact Moon Options 1.1.0), seems to push the buttons on the status bar (Add-on bar?) slightly out of the window:
Image (http://imgur.com/TVinI1g.png)
You can see that everything in "Scripts Currently Forbidden" that is below the baseline is cut off :(

After some fiddling with the values I finally set it to +2 and now it looks like this:
Image (http://i.imgur.com/xQUsAOn.png)
Fine, one problem solved, it's fully readable now.

But now comes the thing I found no solution for: There is some space above the status bar and the scrollbar above it, 3 or 4 pixels - I'd like to get rid of that space! Setting the height to 0 seem to push the whole status bar's position down by 2 or 3 pixels, but decreases its height only by one pixel, thus the text gets shoved out of the window, effectively getting cut off just below the baseline. Lower values make it worse :(

So - calling Lootyhoof (or everybody who can help):
- Is there anything I can do?
- if not, is there anything you could do?
- if not, well, pity :(
TIA for any answers!

@Lootyhoof: Thank you very much for this theme even if this cannot be solved. I tested several compact themes and this is the most compact one and looks best. :thumbup:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Compact Moon 1.2.2: Pos. of Buttons on the status bar :-/

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-06-11, 21:34

I suspect this to be a conflict with some of those add-ons. Can you try clearing out your status bar to see if anything's at fault?

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2016-06-13, 10:54

You're right. It was/is the "Encrypted Web" button. With that disabled, I can set the height to -2 and the text is still readable:
Image(http://i.imgur.com/34sJYi8.png)
Yay! Well... a little yay, I don't want to go without "Encrypted Web", so I guess I'll have to live with it.
Anyway, thank you very much!

Edit: With everything disabled or moved to the tab bar, the status bar gets taller - with several pixels above the text. Well, I'll try to find the combination of buttons that gives me the lowest height and that's it.

Edit again: Everything is back on, "Encrypted Web" got placed on the tab bar and seems to reduce the tab bar's height. Everything else got put back into the status bar, and, strangely, the first button I added back reduced the status bar's height, adding more didn't make a difference. Looks like I found the minimal-space-solution :)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-06-13, 15:47

You could override the Statusbar height with userChrome making sure the CSS rule has !important. Grab DOMi and work out the identifiers and give it a shot.

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2016-06-14, 13:31

Matt A Tobin wrote:You could override the Statusbar height with userChrome making sure the CSS rule has !important. Grab DOMi and work out the identifiers and give it a shot.
Thanks for the pointer, I may give it a try, but I declare hereby that my knowledge in this level is about zero. By chance I have heard that there is an importance hierarchy (or, which setting can overrule which other setting). I just installed the DOM inspector but have no clue how to use it - yet, there seems to be some documentation. No idea about userChrome, also. This may take some time.