Bug: MacMoon and arrow keys

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

theJman

Bug: MacMoon and arrow keys

Unread post by theJman » 2016-04-13, 21:42

Possible bug with the MacMoon theme...

PM version: 26.2.1

Problem: when you click on a tab with the mouse and then use the keyboard up or down arrow keys the contents of the webpage doesn't scroll, the expected behavior. Instead, the arrows switch to an adjacent tab.

Is that how the theme was developed, or is this a bug perhaps?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Bug: MacMoon and arrow keys

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-04-17, 18:21

Can't confirm this issue, works as expected.

Please try again with a clean profile; perhaps an addon is causing this?

theJman

Unread post by theJman » 2016-04-17, 20:07

Just tried it again with cache cleared, all add-ons disabled and in safe mode. I still get the same thing.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-04-17, 20:23

Hmm, after a bit of further testing I can confirm it happens. It does appear to be related to how the theme was created. With that said, however, it does appear to be a useful accessibility feature, as you can press the tab key to focus on the active tab like a text field, then cycle through tabs with the arrow keys.

It's a bug for sure, but...a good one maybe? Depends whether anyone would object to this "feature" being removed, really.

theJman

Unread post by theJman » 2016-04-17, 20:44

Not sure I would classify is a "useful accessibility feature". Seems more like a "dysfunctional interface". :) Either way, it's too non-standard for me to get comfortable with. Shame too, because overall I like the theme.