Turn off Palemoon's custom titlebar [Solved]

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Trist

Turn off Palemoon's custom titlebar [Solved]

Unread post by Trist » 2016-01-23, 08:31

I do not know if this is the solution to my problem, or if it would be better to post on blackbox forums, but posting here will hopefully lead me somewhere. I want to turn off the custom titlebar in Palemoon. I am using Windows 7 64bit, on Palemoon x64 25.8.1. I have recently changed my Windows shell to bbLean, which by default forces program's titlebars to adhere to the blackbox theme I am using. However, in programs with a custom titlebar, besides Steam for some reason, the titlebar skin will rapidly switch between my blackbox theme and the Windows shell theme which is very distracting. This happens in several programs, such as Chromium, Firefox, and Palemoon of course. This does not happen in other browsers such as Midori and Firefox 3.6.28, and neither does it happen in any other programs on my box (so far). Sure, I could just turn off bbLeanSkin and it would default back to the Windows shell theme, but I really like this theme and this is the only program with this issue so I would rather fix the problem if I can. Attached is a short video showing the problem. Normally it would flash every time I moved the mouse but I could only get it to flash in the video itself by moving the mouse in and out of the window. So to finally get to the question;

How would I turn off the custom titlebar in Palemoon? As in a titlebar without the dropdown menu (as Alt reveals the settings anyways). Is there an option in about:config? I tried looking around but couldn't find the option and don't know what it could be called either.

And .flv files aren't supported, and I am not sure what is, here is a link to the video.
https://infotomb.com/gtop0

I just wanted to mention that this file isn't playing in palemoon for some reason so I wanted to clarify. .flv files are Flash Video files. They shouldn't actually require flash, and run well enough in VLC/mpv (I am using the latter) so you may need to actually download the video to view it. I can convert it if this is a problem, flv is just the default format of OBS, the recording software.
Last edited by Trist on 2016-01-23, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

jumba

Re: Turn off Palemoon's custom titlebar

Unread post by jumba » 2016-01-23, 08:54

Have you tried to hide it with user style? Or you might need to remove the "chrome margin" for window.

How does it work if you have the menu bar enabled? If it is enabled then the custom title bar is hidden and the window chrome margin is removed.

Trist

Re: Turn off Palemoon's custom titlebar

Unread post by Trist » 2016-01-23, 20:27

Wow, I didn't know what you meant when you suggested I enable the menu bar. I went through hell trying to figure this out, and had written an essay for this message before I deleted it and the solution was as simple as turning on the menu in View>Toolbars>Menu Bar. Thanks a lot.