Dark Moon Keeps disabling itself....

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Thehandyman1957

Dark Moon Keeps disabling itself....

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-01-20, 04:05

Hey there Lootyhoof, I have been using the Dark Moon theme for the last couple of weeks after learning about the combining of persona's and themes from you.

But one problem I have been having ever since, is that every now and then after rebooting my computer the Dark Moon theme is disabled and only the persona shows.

So then I have to go to add-on's manager to enable it again and then restart the browser. Then re-enable the persona. Everything else seems to look normal.

There doesn't seem to be any regular cycle to this. Very random but has happened at least 20 times since implementing this scenario.

Not sure what other information to give you. Let me know if you have any idea's. Thanks

I did notice an update for Dark Moon, is this from Pale moon or from Firefox? Don't want to update it till I know.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Dark Moon Keeps disabling itself....

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-01-20, 21:55

Thehandyman1957 wrote:every now and then after rebooting my computer the Dark Moon theme is disabled and only the persona shows.
Personas and themes aren't technically meant to be used together, as such, so there's likely to be teething issues. I can't do anything about this.
Thehandyman1957 wrote:I did notice an update for Dark Moon, is this from Pale moon or from Firefox? Don't want to update it till I know.
Yes, I provide update information for this theme in its thread. ;) Also, this theme does not exist in any fashion on Firefox as I produced it specifically for Pale Moon, and even if it was on Firefox too, it would have a different ID, so updates would be served differently.

Thehandyman1957

Re: Dark Moon Keeps disabling itself....

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-01-21, 02:15

Ok, that's fine. I will deal with it. I just thought you might have a fix somewhere. And thank you for the understanding on the updates. I will update it. then. ;)