Mozilla to remove Themes from Firefox

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

lyceus

Re: Mozilla to remove Themes from Firefox

Unread post by lyceus » 2015-11-13, 05:35

I didn't have used themes since long time and I like the Kempleton theme, is elegant and very clean. I will use these instead the wallpapers from personas (also one plug-in less to carry on).

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-11-19, 18:59

For those curious, it looks like Firefox 49 will be the one to kill themes.

https://discourse.mozilla-community.org ... es/5306/13
Benjamin Smedberg wrote:The current theming model where themes can make assumptions about the DOM structure, classes, IDs, and all that is not something we can support any more, and so we are clearly going to kill that. And we are going to do that quickly, so that we can proceed with the other necessary restructuring, including things like gofaster addons. I'd like to see this fully rolled out by Firefox 49 which ships the middle of next year.

Frank Winkhorst

Unread post by Frank Winkhorst » 2015-12-24, 19:38

I love my emerald green waterfall theme. I remained at Firefox 28 as long as I could, but then I started getting stupid messages from websites about an "old" browser, so i went looking for an alternative and found a list that included Pale Moon. I must say, the transition was seemless. Thanks so much! I rarely give donations for software, but I made an exception and sent you a small donation. Excellent work! Yes, Mozilla has gone crazy.

Thrawn

Unread post by Thrawn » 2015-12-28, 04:29

Benjamin Smedberg wrote:The current ... model where [community-developed content] can make assumptions... is not something we can support any more...we are going to kill that.
This says it all, really.

"Assumptions" are terrible things, after all. Who are these developers, wanting things like API stability and backwards compatibility? What do you think Firefox is, a platform?