Lavafox Soon to Join PaleMoon!

Anything about browser themes, both Full Themes and Lightweight Themes (personas) should go here.

Moderators: Indalecio, satrow, Lootyhoof, Andrew Gilbertson

Shadeclan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Lavafox Soon to Join PaleMoon!

Postby Shadeclan » Mon May 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Latitude wrote:His [Ziggy's] skins are quite good although there are a missing toolbar icons.

What's missing? I haven't noticed this. I have both Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut and Toolbar Buttons installed and I've never had issues with missing buttons.

Ziggy has always been very responsive to my requests and issues - I'm sure that if you contact him with your issue he'll be very happy to help you with it.
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live - it is [forcing] others to live as one wishes.
– Oscar Wilde

Latitude
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby Latitude » Mon May 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Shadeclan wrote:What's missing? I haven't noticed this. I have both Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut and Toolbar Buttons installed and I've never had issues with missing buttons.

Ziggy has always been very responsive to my requests and issues - I'm sure that if you contact him with your issue he'll be very happy to help you with it.

Only "Full screen" icon.

OK, I'll contact him.

Shadeclan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Shadeclan » Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Latitude wrote:... Only "Full screen" icon ...

Do you mean this button?

I see 2 in my "Customize" menu - one from Toolbar Buttons and one from the interface. Perhaps installing Sort and Search Customization Dialogs and searching for "Full Screen" may help?
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live - it is [forcing] others to live as one wishes.
– Oscar Wilde

Latitude
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby Latitude » Tue May 23, 2017 11:48 am

Shadeclan wrote:Do you mean this button?

I see 2 in my "Customize" menu - one from Toolbar Buttons and one from the interface. Perhaps installing Sort and Search Customization Dialogs and searching for "Full Screen" may help?

Yes, that icon.

Good to know you don't experience my problem.
BTW, it is very small problem. I don't take it so seriously. I could ignore it.

Shadeclan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Shadeclan » Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Latitude wrote:... Yes, that icon.

Good to know you don't experience my problem.
BTW, it is very small problem. I don't take it so seriously. I could ignore it.

It may be a small, unimportant issue but it's odd. :problem: :?

I wonder what's causing it? I'm sure you've switched between themes and have noted that the button is there with other themes and missing with Lavafox.
Could be an add-on causing the problem. Conversely, it could be an add-on I'm using that preserves or restores the button. Could be one of the Stylish snippets I'm using unintentionally restores the button for me.

You could install Toolbar Buttons and use its full screen button - that would be a nice work-around - you may even prefer that button.
– Oscar Wilde

Shadeclan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Shadeclan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:26 pm

There's an issue with Lavafox 2.5.1 and mp4-type video formats. If you are running Lavafox 2.5.1 and would like to see this for yourself, you can see the issue on this webpage featuring the recent apartment fire in London.

Ziggy is aware of the bug:
Ziggy wrote:There's a bug with mp4 video (and similar formats) that I had to fix on FF, but it's predicted to crash previous FF versions, probably PaleMoon too now that you're saying ...

... so version 2.5.0 is the one for PM - thought so ... I also cannot support FF ESR since they did something .. (they also use version 2.5.0 and it's fine.)
Anyway all the latest theme updates does not affect PM's UI - it's all about new things Mozilla keeps changing so using version 2.5.0 does not mean anything is outdated for PM users. 100% sure ..

For anyone using Lavafox, I recommend downgrading to 2.5.0 until Ziggy starts hosting his themes on our extensions website. I'll let you know if that changes.
– Oscar Wilde

Return to “Themes”