CookieKeeper for Pale Moon

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
CookieKeeper

CookieKeeper for Pale Moon

Unread post by CookieKeeper » 2014-12-26, 18:42

Hi

I'm the developer of the CookieKeeper add-on.
I've just post a new version of my add-on (1.8.0), which I have (quickly...) make compatible with Palemoon 25.1.0.

You can download it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... sion-1.8.0

I do not have make lots of testing with Palemoon, just check if it basically work. Since it already work with Firefox.
Please note that the version 1.8.0 is currently in the review process, it has not been already validated.

Thanks for testing.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: CookieKeeper for Pale Moon

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-26, 21:33

We will test. Thank you for making an effort to directly support Pale Moon. A follow up reply will be forthcoming.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-12-26, 22:03

@CookieKeeper

Thank you for supporting Windows and linux Pale Moon. :thumbup:
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-12-27, 16:32

Thank you, CookieKeeper :thumbup:

CookieKeeper

Unread post by CookieKeeper » 2015-01-04, 17:35

CookieKeeper 1.8.1 has been fully review by AMO.
You can get it at https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cookiekeeper/
No installation problem on Linux x64 with palemoon 25.1.0 for me.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2015-01-04, 19:52

Works fine on my windows Pale Moon 25.1 x86 installation.
Merci. ;)

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2015-01-05, 23:58

CookieKeeper wrote:CookieKeeper 1.8.1 has been fully review by AMO.
You can get it at https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cookiekeeper/
No installation problem on Linux x64 with palemoon 25.1.0 for me.
CookieKeeper has been working perfectly, for me in Pale Moon 25.1.0, since the availabilty of 1.8.0. Updated from 1.8.0 ==> 1.8.1 today in both Linux and Windows. All is well.

Thank you, CookieKeeper!

CookieKeeper

Unread post by CookieKeeper » 2016-04-07, 13:18

Hi,

A new version of CookieKeeper is available (1.9.1).
For some reason, addons.moz may refuse to allow the installation of CookieKeeper on Palemoon.

I had to change the "about:config" preference "general.useragent.override.addons.mozilla.org" to make ot work.
Everything is explain on the addon detail here: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cookiekeeper/

Today I retry again, and I was able to "Install anyway"...

CharmCityCrab

Unread post by CharmCityCrab » 2016-04-08, 01:09

CookieKeeper wrote:Hi,

A new version of CookieKeeper is available (1.9.1).
For some reason, addons.moz may refuse to allow the installation of CookieKeeper on Palemoon.

I had to change the "about:config" preference "general.useragent.override.addons.mozilla.org" to make ot work.
Everything is explain on the addon detail here: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cookiekeeper/

Today I retry again, and I was able to "Install anyway"...
I thought you might be interested in this:

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php ... 97&p=68459

Top post on the thread linked to above are Pale Moon dev Matt A. Tobin's instructions to get your add-on hosted on the Pale Moon add-on site *or* to get the PM add-on site to link to a host site you set up. If you're interested. :) Not a requirement, obviously. :)

Hosting your add-on on the Pale Moon add-on site would likely eliminate hassles like you describe above, where Mozilla won't allow or throws up roadblocks to allowing Pale Moon users to install it.

This would also allow you to more easily make Pale Moon specific changes large or small, if and when desired, without having to change anything for Firefox users. The Pale Moon specific changes would just go on the Pale Moon add-on site and not the Mozilla one. :) You could also make Firefox specific changes that don't work with Pale Moon, and still preserve a Pale Moon compatible version for Pale Moon users without the changes, and simply direct each user base to the preferred add-on site for it's browser.

Plus, hosting a Pale Moon version on the Pale Moon add-on site, even if identical to the Firefox version of the extension, provides additional visibility to Pale Moon users who may check the Pale Moon add-on site first when looking for new add-ons to try. An add-on hosted on the Pale Moon site shows users that you as a developer care about Pale Moon compatibility (Which you obviously do since you took the time to register and post here! :) Thank you!), and may encourage some people to choose your add-on over add-ons with similar functionality but with developers who may not develop for Pale Moon and could break compatibility at any time.

I know I use Ad-Block Latitude (A fork of Ad-Block Plus) for Pale Moon on Windows specifically because it's hosted on the Pale Moon add-on site, even though I use Ad-Block Origin on Firefox for Android. I just feel more comfortable knowing that Ad-Block Latitude is hosted here and that an update won't accidentally break anything in terms of compatibility with the browser.

[This post edited by CharmCityCrab to correct the link to Matt A. Tobin's thread. If you got a 404 Not Found error when clicking the first time, try clicking again. I corrected it within two minutes of posting, but initially it didn't lead where it was intended to. :) All good now. :) ]

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-04-08, 10:00

CookieKeeper, thank you for posting the new version update tip (changing UA preference worked like charm) and also many thanks for your really great add-on supporting Pale Moon. :thumbup: :clap: (your excellent add-on is really appreciated! ;))
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising