Worthy side discussion from Compatiblity Thread

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Re: Compatibility Reports for v25

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-05-05, 10:56

fraterlinux wrote:In listed version is a that theoretically supports Pale Moon. Have you tested?
Yes, I have, just now - but I prefer version 2.3, because it has the "Smart Popups" feature, so you don't lose the window control buttons on pop-up windows. If you don't care for this feature though, I think you might as well go with a newer version.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Compatibility Reports for v25

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-19, 09:51

wyrex wrote:Name: HTML5 Video Everywhere
Type: Add-on
Issue: There is no version listed as compatible
Cause: Minimum supported Firefox version is 0.26
Workaround: n/a
AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/html5-video-everywhere/

There is ticket on bug tracker that states Palemoon won't be supported until it has more HTML5 features.
https://github.com/lejenome/html5-video-everywhere/issues/60
Why even report it here if it was never compatible? We can't possibly start rewriting extensions that were never written for a compatible code base.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite