Add-ons Site General Discussion

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Add-ons Site General Discussion

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-06, 20:56

Video DownloadHelper does not know of Pale Moon however, it does Just Work(tm) :)

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2014-12-06, 22:07

Download Status Bar supports Pale Moon.
Supports Pale Moon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ar/?src=ss

Kudos for the developer!

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-07, 01:14

Matt A Tobin wrote:Video DownloadHelper does not know of Pale Moon however, it does Just Work(tm) :)
Haha, yep :D Little skeptical about updates though, never know when they could change something and break compatibility. Unlikely, but not impossible by any means. In the worse case scenario we could just turn to a static approach, use the last working version. As of today that is v. 4.9.24.
And curious, I read an announcement regarding some server maintenance and updates to the addons website. When shall these take place?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-07, 01:51

11ryanc wrote:
Matt A Tobin wrote:Video DownloadHelper does not know of Pale Moon however, it does Just Work(tm) :)
Haha, yep :D Little skeptical about updates though, never know when they could change something and break compatibility. Unlikely, but not impossible by any means. In the worse case scenario we could just turn to a static approach, use the last working version. As of today that is v. 4.9.24.
And curious, I read an announcement regarding some server maintenance and updates to the addons website. When shall these take place?
On going actually.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-07, 03:16

Matt A Tobin wrote:
11ryanc wrote:
On going actually.
I see. If you could clarify though please; just how does one have an extension or theme authored on the PM addons library if he/she desires? To whom would they contact?
Not that I'm in any position to develop an addon at this time, just hypothetically speaking is all.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-07, 08:50

Clarification will come with the enhancements of the site all spelled out and everything.

However, in general you will still have to deal with me.. I am hoping perhaps to get a webform up that will allow you to upload an add-on so it can be placed in the queue..

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-12-12, 01:19

The improved "Known Incompatible..." page is quite nice, well done. I think you should sort the lists alphabetically, the current random state is a bit confusing to the eye (and annoying for a quick look/search).

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-12-12, 02:00

back2themoon wrote:The improved "Known Incompatible..." page is quite nice, well done. I think you should sort the lists alphabetically, the current random state is a bit confusing to the eye (and annoying for a quick look/search).
I thought that at first too, then remembered that I could use Ctrl-F.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-12, 08:23

x-15a2 wrote:
back2themoon wrote:The improved "Known Incompatible..." page is quite nice, well done. I think you should sort the lists alphabetically, the current random state is a bit confusing to the eye (and annoying for a quick look/search).
Well here is a proper question. Since the list is manually maintained and stuff is moved from one list to another.. Do you want me to spend time making sure things are in alphabetical order / finding or creating a solution to automagically sort them.. or time making sure things are actually happening like updating the site, contacting developers, forking, pseudo-static'ing, adding externals, getting dev docs up, working on the update checking script to enable PM specific add-ons as well as AMO add-ons can be updated?

Your choice ;)

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-12-12, 08:44

x-15a2 wrote:
Knew that from the start, but it's irrelevant. Unsorted lists usually make a bad impression to the eye (and consequently, the website will leave such an impression). But even functionality-wise, why force the use of a manual search when a quick look would be enough?
Matt A Tobin wrote:Well here is a proper question. Since the list is manually maintained and stuff is moved from one list to another.. Do you want me to spend time making sure things are in alphabetical order / finding or creating a solution to automagically sort them.. or time making sure things are actually happening like updating the site, contacting developers, forking, pseudo-static'ing, adding externals, getting dev docs up, working on the update checking script to enable PM specific add-ons as well as AMO add-ons can be updated? Your choice ;)
Well honestly I imagined (wrongly, it seems) it could be handled easily and automatically (in an Excel kind of fashion), that's why I mentioned it. If these are the only two choices, there's no contest.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-12, 09:34

back2themoon wrote: Well honestly I imagined (wrongly, it seems) it could be handled easily and automatically (in an Excel kind of fashion), that's why I mentioned it. If these are the only two choices, there's no contest.
In the long run it won't matter the GOAL is to reduce the page down to one SMALL simple list and eliminate entries.

Also.. something more automated will likely make it into the next generation site software with a rational database.. just right now it is rather manual. The main thing it is way better than it used to be.. Always improving twords a goal.. THAT is what matters!

Brian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Brian » 2014-12-12, 19:58

Matt A Tobin wrote:
x-15a2 wrote:
Well here is a proper question. Since the list is manually maintained and stuff is moved from one list to another.. Do you want me to spend time making sure things are in alphabetical order / finding or creating a solution to automagically sort them.. or time making sure things are actually happening like updating the site, contacting developers, forking, pseudo-static'ing, adding externals, getting dev docs up, working on the update checking script to enable PM specific add-ons as well as AMO add-ons can be updated?

Your choice ;)
The list could have been sorted in the time it took to type your post. Once it's sorted, it wouldn't have to be sorted again.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-12, 20:28

Brian wrote:The list could have been sorted in the time it took to type your post. Once it's sorted, it wouldn't have to be sorted again.
That assumes the list is never changing. That also assumes I am not using HTML. That additionally assumes it is one list. Use CTRL+F.. I will deal with it when I am not busy with everything else.

You know.. It surprises me how much people complain about trivial things. You know I don't get paid to do this stuff right? In fact I am PAYING OUT money to provide this service to a project I believe strongly in to help fellow users. I don't HAVE to be doing it. I also could have left the page as it was or not even HAVE that page let alone the add-ons site at all.

The fact is I spent significant time to revise that page to be easier to read and show progress on reported add-ons when the previous list did the job. I did sort it.. Into categories. The current order happens to be largely the order stuff was reported but it is clearly stated that it is in no particular order. But yes I will revise it when the more critical areas are resolved even though it will make it slightly more difficult to relate that page with the compat thread (archive).

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-12-12, 21:55

Wasn't complaining, I thought you might have forgot to sort since I understand how busy you are. Just a minor suggestion/reminder, nothing more. Keep up the great work.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-12-13, 10:00

back2themoon wrote:Wasn't complaining...
You weren't, but Brian was.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Brian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Brian » 2014-12-16, 21:48

Moonchild wrote:
back2themoon wrote:Wasn't complaining...
You weren't, but Brian was.
Wrong. I posted no complaints whatsoever.
The only posts here that could be considered complaints were back2themoon's and Matt's.
the current random state is a bit confusing to the eye (and annoying for a quick look/search)

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-12-20, 21:39

The improved "Known Incompatible..." page is quite nice, well done. I think you should sort the lists alphabetically, the current random state is a bit confusing to the eye (and annoying for a quick look/search).
Here goes:
List of add-ons with known compatibility issues (in alphabetical order)

Last updated: 2014-12-20

TBD

• AutoPager
  • Awesome Screenshot Plus - Capture, Annotate & More
  • BarTab Heavy
  • Bazzacuda Image Saver Plus
  • Blacken
  • Blender
  • Bookmark Current Tab Set
  • Bookmark Favicon Changer
  • BugMeNot
  • Clippings
  • Compact Menu 2
  • CookieKeeper
  • Copy goo.gl URL
  • CutyFox
  • Disconnect Search
  • Document Font Toggle
  • EPUBReader
  • Eraser
  • Extension Options Menu
  • Facebook Phishing Protector
  • Feedly Notifier
  • Find In Numbers
  • Firebug
  • Flash Killer
  • FoxBleed
  • FoxyProxy Standard
  • Ghostery
  • Google Privacy
  • gTranslate
  • HttpFox
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • IDM CC (Internet Download Manager)
  • iMacros for Firefox
  • infoRSS
  • Lightbeam
  • Lucifox
  • Mouse Gestures Redox
  • Multiple Tab Handler
  • NewsFox
  • NicoFox
  • Nimbus Screen Capture
  • Omnibar
  • OmniSidebar
  • Pentadactyl
  • PrefBar
  • Pure URL
  • Pushbullet
  • Redirect Cleaner
  • RefControl
  • Roboform
  • Search by Image for Google
  • Secret Agent
  • Shorten URL (Bit.ly)
  • ShowIP
  • Simple Clocks
  • Simple Currency Converter
  • Simple Timer
  • Speed DNS
  • Stay-Open Menu
  • Strict Pop-up Blocker
  • Text2Link
  • Tile Tabs
  • Tile View
  • ToggleDocumentColors
  • TweetRight
  • Who Stole My Pictures
  • X-notifier lite
  • YesScript
  • Yet Another Remove It Permanently
  • Youtube Unblocker
--------------------------------------------------

PENDING
  • Date Picker
  • DuckDuckGo Plus
  • FireFTP
  • Greasemonkey
  • MinimizeToTray revived
  • PasswordMaker
  • Personas Plus
  • Scriptish
  • Session Manager
  • Snap Links Plus
  • Stylish
  • Tab Mix Plus
  • Unplug
WORKAROUNDS
PSEUDO-STATIC'D
--------------------------------------------------

FIXED
  • Auto-Sort Bookmarks
  • Bamboo Feed Reader
  • Context Search X
  • DOM Inspector
  • Fastest Search
  • Fire IE
  • Personas Rotator
  • Privacy Badger
  • Self-Destructing Cookies
FORKED
WONTFIX
  • Adblock Edge
    (Not needed because of ABL)
  • Add-on Update Checker
    (We have this functionality built in, so does Firefox)
  • Classic Theme Restorer
    (There is no Australis to change)
  • Download Flash and Video
  • DVD Video Soft YouTube Downloader
  • Fasterfox Lite
    (This is considered harmful to Pale Moon)
  • Flash Video Downloader - YouTube HD Download [4K]
  • Nightly Tester Tools
    (We are not Firefox and we do not offer "Nightlies")
  • S3 Download Manager
  • Space Next
  • Toggle Javascript
    (Use about:config pref or toggle with Pale Moon Commander)
Attachments
List of add-ons with known compatibility issues (in alphabetical order) [2014-12-21].txt
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Last edited by Antonius32 on 2014-12-21, 19:53, edited 12 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-20, 23:15

Convert it to html...

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-12-20, 23:50

Matt A Tobin wrote:Convert it to html...
I think I better leave that to an expert.. ;) Just trying to do my bit! :)

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-12-21, 09:40

Matt A Tobin wrote:Convert it to html...
Done. Thanks for Notepad++ for a fast convertion :mrgreen:
List of add-ons with known compatibility issues.7z
HTML 4.01 Strict valid
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
(the forum don't let me upload a .html.txt or a .txt with the html code :wtf:)

Sourcecode: http://pastebin.com/FeKbrctV