Add-ons Site General Discussion

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
Pnume

Re: Add-ons Site General Discussion

Unread post by Pnume » 2014-10-26, 02:56

I've a suggestion for the add-ons site: make a link where all of the add-ons show up on one page. I don't exactly like having to click on each individual add-on category group when checking to see if any new add-ons have been added and would rather there be an option for all of them to show up at once. Less clicks; less hassles.

Also, sorry to be a pain, but: do you know if MinimizeToTray Revived will soon be up on the add-ons site? According to a user of this forum there's a simple fix to make that add-on work. It, along with ePubReader, are the only add-ons I use that don't work in the latest version of Pale Moon. I can live without ePubReader as I'd rather read eBooks on an actual physical eReader anyway. But I quite miss MinimizeToTray Revived and would be super duper happy to see it up there. (Heck, if I saw it up there I'd be so happy I'd consider donating to Pale Moon. But I can't guarantee that as I'm quite the poor bugger)

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2014-10-26, 03:16

Nokil wrote:
The link provided on that page installs Quick Translator and not Tiny Menu.
He's correct:
Untitled.jpg

BobbyP
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BobbyP » 2014-10-26, 03:30

Pnume wrote:I've a suggestion for the add-ons site: make a link where all of the add-ons show up on one page. I don't exactly like having to click on each individual add-on category group when checking to see if any new add-ons have been added and would rather there be an option for all of them to show up at once. Less clicks; less hassles ....
This would be great!

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-26, 05:58

Sorry.. fixed.. I shouldn't work on the site when sick.. Sorry.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-26, 06:00

BobbyP wrote:
Pnume wrote:I've a suggestion for the add-ons site: make a link where all of the add-ons show up on one page. I don't exactly like having to click on each individual add-on category group when checking to see if any new add-ons have been added and would rather there be an option for all of them to show up at once. Less clicks; less hassles ....
This would be great!
Agreed. I myself check from time to time the listed addons and that's a pain to check every category.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-26, 06:04

We do have a search.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-26, 06:41

Search do not allow to see the list of all addons ; and you can't know if the addon is here or not before using search. For one it's ok ; if you want to review what is available that way, good luck...

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-26, 06:52

Here is the hidden page with a simple site map on it.. But I will have to see what I can do to provide the requested functionality.

http://addons.palemoon.org/gamma-25/

For now I am still recovering from this plague or death or something :P I am getting better though so hopefully soon there will be a huge surge in add-on site additions.

BobbyP
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BobbyP » 2014-10-26, 10:48

Matt A Tobin wrote:Here is the hidden page...
That will work. Thanks comrade T! Now, no more of those infamous Mooner coder's wild orgies, at least until you recover from your gleep.
Last edited by BobbyP on 2014-10-26, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2014-10-26, 13:08

Matt A Tobin wrote:For now I am still recovering from this plague or death or something :P I am getting better though..
To use an oft-used cliche, "Get Well Soon". Being sick with anything sucks. I'm 47 and a few months ago I had Pink Eye. I never had it before, and it was definitely the worse thing I felt. I've been stuck in bed with the Flu before and I considered having Pink Eye to be worse than that.. I am glad that that you are getting better.

- Bruce
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

alex04
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by alex04 » 2014-10-26, 16:58

when will ABP be updated to 2.6.5?

groundhog2
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by groundhog2 » 2014-10-27, 06:39

Thanks for Quick Translator! That's a very oft-used addon for me that stopped working with PM25. Very happy to see it back and running. I see the AMO page says "New 2.0a1 version is available in Development Channel", will that be updated? Also, hoping to see Babylon Word Search fixed as well.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-27, 06:51

groundhog2 wrote:Thanks for Quick Translator! That's a very oft-used addon for me that stopped working with PM25. Very happy to see it back and running. I see the AMO page says "New 2.0a1 version is available in Development Channel", will that be updated? Also, hoping to see Babylon Word Search fixed as well.
The add-on is virtually abandoned. Also that add-on is junk. It is clunky, slow, and hard to use. But i don't get to make decisions on what add-ons you guys use...

groundhog2
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by groundhog2 » 2014-10-27, 07:09

Matt A Tobin wrote:
groundhog2 wrote:Thanks for Quick Translator! That's a very oft-used addon for me that stopped working with PM25. Very happy to see it back and running. I see the AMO page says "New 2.0a1 version is available in Development Channel", will that be updated? Also, hoping to see Babylon Word Search fixed as well.
The add-on is virtually abandoned. Also that add-on is junk. It is clunky, slow, and hard to use. But i don't get to make decisions on what add-ons you guys use...
Do you mean QT? Or Babylon? I use both extensively and haven't had any issues. Both are very useful and unobtrusive and I haven't been able to find better alternatives for what they do.

minimal-m

Unread post by minimal-m » 2014-10-30, 01:52

So the Dactyl folks are not interested in supporting Pentadactyl for us. https://code.google.com/p/dactyl/issues/detail?id=1223

It's a good add-on and MIT licensed, so I have a fork over at github that I'll try to keep up with. https://github.com/jphustman/dactyl

It's not working currently but the motivation is here.

vayth

Unread post by vayth » 2014-11-02, 22:30

Any news regarding Foxy Proxy? Maybe dev response or if someone is already working on pseudo-static version?

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-11-02, 23:25

That's the 2nd time you've asked today. The Add-ons site administrator (Tobin) has to approve all the ones that users submit and he sets the priorities. I am sure more are coming, just not definite on what/when. Be patient.

vayth

Unread post by vayth » 2014-11-03, 02:33

Hehe, I'm sorry, actually I just realized that the first post (on morning) was on a "Solved" thread that no one might see anymore. That's why I decided to post here again (later on a same day), where it seems more appropriate.
It's not that I'm not patient, sorry if I left a wrong impression.

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-11-03, 03:15

No problem, just that we can't really do anything to speed it along.

My real interest personally, for what it's worth, is in finding older, good, abandoned extensions that can be forked for Pale Moon. But generally not the kind that are most popular (such as google, youtube, video, download speeder-uppers, styling or anything flashy); but rather those that enhance the basic browser functions, especially privacy and security related functions. If anybody that can wants to help with that, PM me.