Anyone notice this?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Anyone notice this?

Unread post by adesh » 2020-02-27, 14:40

Not sure, but probably this would help.
- Open about:config
- Search for "addons-dev."
- An entry (or many) should show up, right click and select "Reset"
- Restart the browser

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2020-02-27, 14:45

adesh wrote:
2020-02-27, 14:40
Not sure, but probably this would help...
Yes, that did it. Thank you very much.

Getting back to Mr. Tobin's question about how I got that add-on, maybe I saw it when I was working on Rehost Image. In any case, I'm sorry.

Now everything works OK. Thanks to Mr. Adesh and Mr. Tobin.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-02-27, 14:54

Except if he has the phoebus-dev extension it will set them back as that is its function to switch the urls between addons dot and addons-dev dot for development and testing purposes of the Phoebus software its self.

This is not an extension a user should be using and neither is addons-dev dot. Just because it exists doeen't mean it is a good idea.

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2020-02-27, 15:04

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-02-27, 14:54
Except if he has the phoebus-dev extension it will set them back as that is its function to switch the urls between addons dot and addons-dev dot for development and testing purposes of the Phoebus software its self.

This is not an extension a user should be using and neither is addons-dev dot. Just because it exists doesn't mean it is a good idea.
Fortunately, I have back ups of back ups of pretty much everything. In this case, the problem was on the portable unstable build, and I was able to find a backup that that didn't have that extension. Now everything appears to be working fine.

And I got rid of the backups that had the phoebus-dev extension. As I've said, I really have no idea where or how I even found it.
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-02-27, 18:52

So you don't know you to remove an extension. K.

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by JoeyG » 2020-02-27, 19:06

I never got to the point of removing the extension, which - believe it or not - I know how to do in "normal" situations.
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-02-27, 13:58
Set it back so it is the blue puzzle piece ...
This is what stopped me: I asked several hours ago about "the blue puzzle piece".

When I didn't get a reply - people certainly have other things to do in life besides answering my lame questions - I decided to take another approach.