Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
User avatar
JK9977
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2018-12-11, 17:41

Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by JK9977 » 2019-05-10, 09:48

Please add a link to addons.palemoon.org to point to the Firefox legacy collection site:

https://legacycollector.org/firefox-addons/

The legacy collection has hundreds of lovely FF add-ons.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff
Posts: 5889
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Sector 001

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-10, 10:32

Request denied.

User avatar
Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior
Posts: 1056
Joined: 2015-09-30, 23:02
Location: Lincolnshire.UK.

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-05-10, 12:45

JK9977 wrote:
2019-05-10, 09:48
Please add a link to addons.palemoon.org to point to the Firefox legacy collection site:

https://legacycollector.org/firefox-addons/

The legacy collection has hundreds of lovely FF add-ons.
Why don't you just bookmark the link..?.One click and hey presto your there.I see no reason for palemoon integration.
Xenial puppy linux 32-bit.
Pale moon 28.5.0.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 24470
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: 58°2'16"N 14°58'31"E
Contact:

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-10, 14:13

The add-ons listed there are Firefox add-ons, not Pale Moon add-ons, and no relation to Pale Moon's project with the exception that Pale Moon can run a good number of them out of the box.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
Image

User avatar
JK9977
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2018-12-11, 17:41

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by JK9977 » 2019-05-10, 16:19

Moonraker wrote:
2019-05-10, 12:45
JK9977 wrote:
2019-05-10, 09:48
Please add a link to addons.palemoon.org to point to the Firefox legacy collection site:

https://legacycollector.org/firefox-addons/

The legacy collection has hundreds of lovely FF add-ons.
Why don't you just bookmark the link..?.One click and hey presto your there.I see no reason for palemoon integration.
Duh - it's so other people have the link too.

User avatar
JK9977
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2018-12-11, 17:41

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by JK9977 » 2019-05-10, 16:20

Moonchild wrote:
2019-05-10, 14:13
The add-ons listed there are Firefox add-ons, not Pale Moon add-ons, and no relation to Pale Moon's project with the exception that Pale Moon can run a good number of them out of the box.
"Pale Moon can run a good number of them out of the box"

You got it.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff
Posts: 5889
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Sector 001

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-10, 16:22

LC has SOME Firefox Extensions.. Classic Add-ons Archive has about all of them and with most if not all the expected metadata associated with including stuff that hasn't seen AMO since 2014.

One is a flat webpage and the other is a complete service of an archive. Which do you choose?

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 24470
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: 58°2'16"N 14°58'31"E
Contact:

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-11, 00:48

I'd say diversity is key. Having the flat website next to CAA available isn't hurting anything.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
Image

coffeebreak
Board Warrior
Board Warrior
Posts: 1823
Joined: 2015-09-26, 04:51
Location: U.S.

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-11, 02:11

@JK9977, You might be interested in a userscript written by a forum member, firefoxed, that does pretty much what you're asking for. Instructions/script are in this thread, with the most recent version of the script in what is currently the next-to-last post.

Nightbird
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 197
Joined: 2016-07-18, 21:12

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by Nightbird » 2019-05-11, 11:05

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-05-10, 16:22
LC has SOME Firefox Extensions.. Classic Add-ons Archive has about all of them and with most if not all the expected metadata associated with including stuff that hasn't seen AMO since 2014.

One is a flat webpage and the other is a complete service of an archive. Which do you choose?
If I can have both I choose both.
Diversity is key.

Lexx Diamond
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter
Posts: 30
Joined: 2017-02-16, 18:26

Re: Link for the FF add-ons legacy collection

Unread post by Lexx Diamond » 2019-06-25, 12:26

Thanks for posting.

Post Reply