Submitting Personas Y/N?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Submitting Personas Y/N?

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-03-04, 17:18

As I've seen on the new Pale Moon/Phoebus Extensions page, good job btw, thx, there's a Personas area now. If I register on Phoebus, is it possible/wished to submit more Lightweight Themes (Personas)?
I got zombified on AMO-Themes since modern FF GUI and dropped Status Bar support and would enjoy to make a few new themes, Pale Moon or Basilisk related, or just something else in good quality (not another 20 rainbow unicorns).
Didn't find much about Personas (submissions) on the dev pages.

yami_

Re: Submitting Personas Y/N?

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-03-04, 19:15

Lightweight themes upload is planned to be introduced in Phoebus 2.1: https://github.com/Pale-Moon-Addons-Tea ... /issues/97.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-03-04, 20:42

cool :) ... and thanks for the info!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-05-15, 10:20

chrispeddler wrote:
2019-05-15, 08:59
I just checked on their Persona page and links aren't working?
You need to install from this page instead.

https://addons.palemoon.org/personas/

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-15, 13:40

It may be Phoebus 2.2 before personas become something users can submit.

I want to go for more frequent incremental feature updates to the Phoebus technology instead of huge milestones that take months to years to complete. Ones that come two to three times a year so I can work in bursts and not get burned out.

I will try to get persona submission in 2.1 but no promises.

Peregrine

Unread post by Peregrine » 2019-05-16, 08:01

Since that in gentoo, it is possible to compile palemoon with either branding off/on, perhaps it could be an idea to add a "New Moon" theme to the Persona's page and replace the Default theme with the New Moon theme when compiling palemoon with branding off, and use the Pale Moon theme when compiling with branding on ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-16, 11:21

We don't want to enforce personas on people by default.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-16, 13:24

I am very confused. Personas are just a hack with a toolbar background and a couple of text css colors. What does that have to do with skinning or branding?

Peregrine

Unread post by Peregrine » 2019-05-17, 14:45

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-05-16, 13:24
I am very confused. Personas are just a hack with a toolbar background and a couple of text css colors. What does that have to do with skinning or branding?
It was just a thought/suggestion. Personally, I think the Pale Moon and even New Moon persona is much nicer then the standard "solid color" template (and it doesn't go as far as actually putting on an entire theme on pale moon). Also, for gentoo specifically (where you can compile with branding off/on), it would allow for more differentiation between the "branding off" / "branding on" mode and even the binary version (which could keep the solid color background for instance). You of course decide, as said it's just a thought.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-17, 17:54

There is no concept of "built in personas" in Pale Moon. Even if there was, it wouldn't be done. So I dunno how this really relates to the Add-ons Site at all.