24 new add-ons for palemoon

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: 24 new add-ons for palemoon

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-01-22, 05:17

Last time the board sent out a emails it was about an important security notification and people raged that they were emailed. So no. Just login once in a while.

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2019-01-22, 06:16

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Last time the board sent out a emails it was about an important security notification and people raged that they were emailed. So no. Just login once in a while.
Put some numbers on all this, if you don't mind.

1. Currently, how many people are you dropping every year because they failed to login within the last year?
2. What % of those who were Emailed the security notification raged about it?

Harry

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-22, 12:24

1210_bex wrote:Currently, how many people are you dropping every year because they failed to login within the last year?
Several hundred at least.
1210_bex wrote:What % of those who were Emailed the security notification raged about it?
Enough to give us a headache and deal with dozens of angry e-mails and people demanding their account be manually deleted as a result. Lots of extra work we don't need.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2019-01-22, 13:29

Moonchild wrote:Several hundred at least.
Make that 2,414 for this year's purge.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2019-01-22, 13:59

Moonchild wrote:Enough to give us a headache and deal with dozens of angry e-mails and people demanding their account be manually deleted as a result.
yikes... hard to please people these days
Admin wrote:Make that 2,414 for this year's purge.
out of how many total members if i may ask?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2019-01-22, 14:03

fillerup wrote:out of how many total members if i may ask?

Of course the purge count also included spammer accounts.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2019-01-22, 14:08

so we purged almost half the forum accounts.. thats a very large ratio, much more than i expected

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-22, 18:09

fillerup wrote:so we purged almost half the forum accounts.. thats a very large ratio, much more than i expected
Well, in a way I'm not really surprised as these accounts were mostly created in 2017, the year of people going on crusades against online communities/groups for arbitrary reasons.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2019-01-22, 18:33

Moonchild wrote:Well, in a way I'm not really surprised as these accounts were mostly created in 2017, the year of people going on crusades against online communities/groups for arbitrary reasons.
heh. to be fair, i also didn't agree with some of the decisions taken at the time, but the majority of complaints indeed came from brand new accounts who never used PM a day before in their lives

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2019-01-24, 05:39

Moonchild wrote:Enough to give us a headache and deal with dozens of angry e-mails and people demanding their account be manually deleted as a result.
Admin wrote:Make that 2,414 for this year's purge.
fillerup wrote:out of how many total members if i may ask?
Admin wrote:5,712
I capitulate. Forget my suggestions.

Harry

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2019-01-24, 09:43

Off-topic:
We did re-evaluate how long a period to use for the "inactive" criterion, and seeing the relatively large ratio of purged accounts -- it's been increased to a 2 years threshold which should be a good compromise (at the date of the purge, account inactivity will be 2-3 years, depending on what time of year users registered). This way "annual visitors" won't get purged but we still won't retain user details disproportionately long when accounts go stale.

NorrinRadd

Unread post by NorrinRadd » 2019-03-01, 09:57

1210_bex wrote:happyniko:

>>Because Mozilla deleted all the XUL, XPCOM und NPAPI-Add-ons from their website, I offer 24 useful add-ons for palemoon on my website https://www.trapp.co.at/Webbrowser/Palemoon-Add-ons/ which where originally developed for firefox. Maybe they can be offered in the extension section. They all work perfectly with Palemoon 28.2.2<<

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that URL is missing some text, and does not work.

Here is the correct link:
https://www.trapp.co.at/Webbrowser/Pale ... n-Add-ons/

Harry
Uhmm... Is there an English-language version of the page?