Basilisk-specific section on the Add-ons site Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
Macca

Basilisk-specific section on the Add-ons site

Unread post by Macca » 2018-05-21, 14:58

Are the any plans to make a Basilisk-specific section on the Add-ons site?

While for now Basilisk users can just go to AMO, while non-webextensions add-ons are still up, they won't be able to do so eventually. Some Pale Moon add-ons work with Basilisk, some don't (most of those affected by the Australis meme) and thus it would be useful to have a way to separate Basilisk add-ons.

Or maybe it is meant to happen in the future/when AMO finally closes shop and Tobin's backup goes officially online?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Basilisk-specific section on the Add-ons site

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-05-21, 16:18

I think this would be a good idea because once the legacy addon I use for Pale Moon, the old NoSquint 2.1.9.1 is done away with by Mozilla, I might have to switch over to Basilisk and use "NoSquint Plus 62.1" since it is built for Firefox Quantum and should run on Basilisk. At least I hope it does.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-21, 16:25

Stuff built for Firefox Quantum isn't guaranteed at all to run on Basilisk.
The so-called by Mozilla "legacy" add-ons, however, will run.

We are working on making the add-ons site compatible with multiple applications, though. Tobin has started rewriting Phoebus from scratch to get a clean, efficient framework to that end. We won't be making half-hacked solutions on the current site design to bridge that gap, so for Basilisk, you're currently going to have to look for Firefox extensions compatible with Firefox's pre-Quantum ESR (52).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Macca

Unread post by Macca » 2018-05-23, 12:39

Alright, thanks for the info, Moonchild! I'm glad to hear you were already taking action on it.