Planned Removal of Mozilla Add-ons Service and Old Browser Versions

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website.

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, Andrew Gilbertson

Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
fatboy
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Planned Removal of Mozilla Add-ons Service and Old Browser Versions

Postby fatboy » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 11:06

Thanks for sharing this and being so transparent.
I always enjoy reading these kind of posts.

Anyway, I love all the Pale Moon add-ons and most of them cover my needs. I hope the discontinuation of AMO will inspire other devs to create more extensions for Pale Moon and Basilisk :) I love these browsers. Keep up the good work!

Random Question: Can one request for the development of a particular add-on? Or is the development of an add-on more a DIY approach?

Smokey20
Moon lover
Moon lover

Postby Smokey20 » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 13:52

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Basilisk was never Firefox 55.. We just CALLED it Firefox 55 for legacy mozilla reasons.

I didn't say it was Fx 55. I said it was forked off of it or so I thought. If it was forked off of an earlier version of Fx like 52, then how come we can use WE extensions? (I far prefer XUL extensions but the ones most NECESSARY the devs have left and torpedoed their extensions so they don't work. So, I got WE extensions that are POOR substitutes...but they are something at least).

My main concern is that no browser now has something like No Squint or No Squint Plus (which I used to make fonts smaller as websites apparently code now only for cell phones and tablets and have zero idea about coding for a 24" widescreen monitor. I take that back...Chrome works properly and so does IE 11 but I'd rather have no internet than have to use one of them on a regular basis.

SpockMan02
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby SpockMan02 » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 22:16

Off-topic:
fatboy wrote:...

Random Question: Can one request for the development of a particular add-on? Or is the development of an add-on more a DIY approach?
You can request the development of an add-on—I don't think anyone will stop you. However, you might be more likely to get what you want if you learn to do it yourself. You're probably also more likely to receive help with making an add-on than you are for someone to just make one for you.

Return to “The Pale Moon add-ons website”