Ghostery & other Known Incompatibilies

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Ghostery & other Known Incompatibilies

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-12, 08:40

Consdering the discussion over here about Ghostery, maybe Ghostery needs to be added to WONTFIX at the Known Incompatibilites page? Or maybe in the WORKAROUND section with the suggestion to install uBlock Origin?

Also any word on the suggestion to put Clean Uninstall in the FIXED section (as per this thread)?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Fedor2

Re: Ghostery & other Known Incompatibilies

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-10-12, 23:46

WONTFIX for ghostery? You probably mean recent version.
With hope that ghostery will come to reason i tested its recent version. And it is more spyware as it was earlier.
they made even new address ghostery-collector.ghostery.com.

Why people eager install spyware to his computer?

Last ghostery where was possible to disable spying is 5.4.9 and it works fine.

megaman

Re: Ghostery & other Known Incompatibilies

Unread post by megaman » 2017-10-12, 23:56

Off-topic:
Fedor2 wrote:Why people eager install spyware to his computer?
It's like asking "Why do you feel like installing that?" Their answer is "Because I feel like it and it works for me."
So, either we let them be or we complain to a brick wall, if they choose to live with deaf ears and not heed our warning.
Our goals are to see if we can help/make things work, if they worked before, or make things work if they didn't. If not, there are alternatives(uBlock with Ghostery definitions). Well, at least, that's my goal.