Themes Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
JerryW

Themes

Unread post by JerryW » 2017-09-30, 21:42

Hi.. the appearance of Pale Moon somehow changed with the last update to something darker than I would want. No worries I thought, I will download a couple more themes. However I have been unable to do this. At the add-ons website under "Themes" there are a couple of dozen or so different themes listed but whichever I try to download, I am told this can't be done because its origin could not be verified.

Why is this? Is it something I'm doing wrong, or is there a fault with the site?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Themes

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-09-30, 22:57

Are you just clicking "install", or something else?

Other methods may not work due to security features in Pale Moon. Please just try (left) clicking the install button.

JerryW

Unread post by JerryW » 2017-10-01, 19:34

Lootyhoof wrote:Are you just clicking "install", or something else?
.. yes, of course, just left-clicking on "install."

I solved the problem by downloading themes from the mozilla addons site, that worked fine. I just thought it strange that the pale moons one would not

Jerry

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-10-15, 22:30

You could right-click the install button, choose Save, then install manually. That has been working for me with themes for any Mozilla-derived browser.