Add-on updated dates, please?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
PhilK

Add-on updated dates, please?

Unread post by PhilK » 2017-04-04, 18:59

I would love it if the addons website displayed the last updated date on add-ons and allowed viewers to sort on that parameter.

I'd love to keep up to date on what add-ons are specifically tested and/or written for PM, but not having dates on them in list view means it's a huge chore to try to figure out what might be new from the last time I looked. My memory is just not good enough to remember all those details on all those items.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Add-on updated dates, please?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-04-04, 19:01

Saving, getting, and displaying dates is slated for Phoebus 2.0.. However, dynamic sorting likely won't be a thing as the view is meant to be from newest to oldest going off the precept that the older it gets the less relevant it is.

Though, do me a favor and please file a bug for it at the Project Phoebus repository.

PhilK

Unread post by PhilK » 2017-04-04, 19:32

Matt A Tobin wrote:Saving, getting, and displaying dates is slated for Phoebus 2.0.. However, dynamic sorting likely won't be a thing as the view is meant to be from newest to oldest going off the precept that the older it gets the less relevant it is.

Though, do me a favor and please file a bug for it at the Project Phoebus repository.

OK but I'm having trouble finding that page... not in any of the PM menus, the addons site or wiki, the PM developer page, the sticky posts here that I can find..

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-04-04, 20:09

Filed as: https://github.com/Pale-Moon-Addons-Team/phoebus/issues/53

The Repo link is all over the forum also linked from the Powered by Project Phoebus line on every page of the Add-ons Site.. A Google search would also have found it. There is no excuse.

PhilK

Unread post by PhilK » 2017-04-04, 20:13

Matt A Tobin wrote:Filed as: https://github.com/Pale-Moon-Addons-Team/phoebus/issues/53

The Repo link is all over the forum also linked from the Powered by Project Phoebus line on every page of the Add-ons Site.. A Google search would also have found it. There is no excuse.

Thanks. I missed the microscopic text at the bottom. :)

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-04-04, 20:19

Dates are nice to have, and probably a necessity when troubleshooting or comparing and contrasting. Dates tell how frequently the author is working on his project, they re-insure people that development hasn't dropped or has improved over time.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-04-04, 20:49

Nah, they are meaningless.. There are extensions for Firefox that are updated frequently.. Like with every version ever or even more with absolutely no changes to functionality or code beyond bumping the versions or maybe even a fix because a newer version of the browser changed something... Things like that are less important around here.. As there are extensions that predate Pale Moon that still work perfectly with it.. So don't give me that jazz.

Be that as it may.. I do feel that dates are a good bit of metadata that should be recorded with version numbers along with compatibility info.. It will also go nicely with relnotes for add-ons in the future.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-04-04, 21:22

Well, let's just agree to disagree. Nevertheless, dates are important, to some extent.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime