Clippings or similar

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
JoeBlowish

Clippings or similar

Unread post by JoeBlowish » 2017-03-03, 22:17

It seems that Clippings 4.1.2.1 has stopped working past Palemoon 27.0.
I have posted to the developers in hopes of getting compatibility, but to no avail.
It's a very handy addon. If anyone knows of a fork, workaround or something with
similar function please let us know.
Thanks

JustOff

Re: Clippings or similar

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-03-04, 11:40

My brief testing shows that Clippings 5.0.2 works well with Pale Moon 27.1, despite that it can't be installed directly because of mismatch in range of supported versions. As a workaround until someone makes a fork you can use Moon Tester Tool to force the installation, but please note the warnings and restrictions while doing so.

dlangton

Unread post by dlangton » 2017-03-04, 12:30

I just tried version 5.1.2and it seems to work fine, although I can't be sure since I've never used it before. Is it supposed to work in the sidebar or in its own window?

Whazza

Unread post by Whazza » 2017-03-04, 19:37

First off, big thanks to JustOff for the workaround! :thumbup: (Before trying it, I was stuck at PM26.5 because of the incompatibility of PM27.x with Clippings.)

I've just tried both Clippings versions (5.1.2 and 5.0.2) but only 5.0.2 works properly. In particular, 5.1.2 lacks the Clippings menu if you right-click a text field.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-04, 20:14

Thanks for the confirmation! I've updated our Known Incompatible Add-ons page to include this information.

JoeBlowish

Unread post by JoeBlowish » 2017-03-05, 05:14

Thanks all,
I have installed Clippings 5.0.2 on PM 27.1.2 as recommended here and so far so good.
I had not been aware of the Moon Tester Tool which is critical to allowing this to work.

_empire_

Unread post by _empire_ » 2017-04-27, 01:17

A big THANK YOU to JustOff for the workaround. Very pleased to have Clippings work again.

:thumbup: