plan for [External] items?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: plan for [External] items?

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-10, 13:06

kizo07 wrote:The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential...these are the keys that will unlock the door to excellence.
You again have a point here. We shouldn't be satisfied with mediocre thinking...
I'd agree with this, unless you equal higher market share with "full potential" and lower market share with "mediocre thinking"...

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-03-10, 13:30

Off-topic:
back2themoon wrote:equal higher market
;) Yeah yes, Yeah no...You know, both teetotaler and alcohol addict sharing the same value actually ... for both, alcohol is just intoxicant.

intika

Unread post by intika » 2017-03-10, 14:02

back2themoon wrote:I'd agree with this, unless you equal higher market share with "full potential" and lower market share with "mediocre thinking"...
Oww this is too complicated for me after a short night lol :p
kizo07 wrote:once again...Nice to meet you! :)
Nice to meet you all it's a real pleasure ! :mrgreen:

it's funny really funny how things turn out on this topic, and it's a good thing, it just make me laughs we are all passionate about that piece of software; social exchange on forum could be sometime dangerous ^^, just meanings and interpretations remains after all and every one have it's own

@kizo07 don't be too optimistic in public bro, people will classify you as a crazy newbie like me hahahaha but after all who care ^^

Going back on track i think PM is in a good path overall :thumbup:
Matt A Tobin wrote:I can't decide if you are merely naive or an agent of opposition trying to get the Project to make big mistakes and sabotage its very existence.
:think: 8-) who know ? the NSA is watching us both keep cool... i don't want to make a report.

hahahahahaha (just kidding!)
what's even funnier is that you don't know what to think even now loool :p

no honestly i am just kidding
:mrgreen:

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-03-10, 15:02

Off-topic:
intika wrote:as a crazy
Ü Thanks for compliment bro!

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-03-10, 17:18

Matt A Tobin wrote:I am? So Moonchild, Ryan, and Andy all have suddenly lost sudoers and push access to Regolith?
Well, I'll keep this in mind next time I need meaningful answer or real help.

Unfortunately this topic is completely buried by your unfriendly offtopic :thumbdown:
Off-topic:
What would I have done without your omniscient oversight of things you obviously know very little about? Oh yeah, I could have not had to defend my self against another personal and public attack.
The only person here and everywhere on the forum who always pretends to be omniscient and constantly attacks and insults others is you.
You blame and target me when you don't get what you want or are called out on it simply because it comes from me.
It seems that you have some kind of paranoid perception of reality if you always treats my comments as personal blames. There was nothing like this above in the topic.
[20170309.0611-05] Tobin: Hi
[20170309.0611-12] Moonchild: Yo
You deliberately or stupidly perverted my idea and then presented it in this form to Moonchild. That was a dirty trick, but it only aggravated your own karma.
Now as for your continued issue and perception of me.. personally.. You can take that up with me in private or take it up with Moonchild or the forum moderators but this back and forth bickering stops here.. Today.. It isn't good for me or anyone else reading it.
The only issue I have with you is that you turn any discussion into a rude fight. However, you have proved yourself enough to no longer consider you an adequate conversation partner. I unsubscribe from this topic and I have nothing to talk with you in private, remember this.

PS: I don't the hell know why you persistently refuse to be polite and constructive, but if you really care not only about yourself you have to stop spoiling the reputation of the entire Pale Moon community by acting this way.

NotFunny

Unread post by NotFunny » 2017-03-10, 17:59

JustOff wrote: PS: I don't the hell know why you persistently refuse to be polite and constructive, but if you really care not only about yourself you have to stop spoiling the reputation of the entire Pale Moon community by acting this way.[/offtopic]
Yeah, he's an embarrassment to these forums, makes for ugly reading, even the Sig is deliberately obnoxious, embarrassing, and would never be permitted on a sane forum.
Why he's picking a fight with you, of all people, is beyond me.
I can only assume he's still around because MC needs an Oddjob 'enforcer' here.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-10, 18:24

NotFunny wrote:don't even want to quote
While I don't always agree with Matt A Tobin's ways of expression, I actually love it, he's entitled to it and keeps offering his extremely valuable services for free. If there's a debate between him and JustOff let them deal with it. It's comments like yours NotFunny, that are truly obnoxious. I'd wish for us all to stop and think before posting.

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-03-10, 19:25

Off-topic:
back2themoon wrote:comments like yours
back2themoon, my impression about you so far is that you are a man with few words...speaks just when and if you have something to tell.
So, I personally value your opinion and agree with you, as usual. And I agree that Tobin CAN be even more valuable resource to Pale Moon community/project...just need to use more brain and knowledge, instead d*ck.
And I agree with JustOff too...behavior as 'a drunk cowboy whose shooting directly from hips on everybody' it's not welcome, nowhere.

I think if he manage to canalize his energy to something more productive/constructive, he automatically will lose the need to apologize a day after.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-10, 22:02

I just had a fantastic idea.

kizo, intika, you both seem to be on the same page of "meta thinking" and having good ideas of how you would organize and structure a project like Pale Moon youself... How about you don't just talk about it here and imply that what we've done for the past 7 years has been substandard, mediocre, and otherwise to be spat at, and, you know, go out, there, set something up that is organized the way you think is fantastic, and just do it.

I'd love to see you get together and succeed.

Please do report back after a year or so and let us know how things are going?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-03-10, 22:57

Signor M.C. Straver, please don't take all what I said too literally! It's meant in good spirit.
I refuse to learn anything more until you can prove to me that Pale Moon won't be around forever. ;)

I can't talk for others but in my case (suspect in Intica's too) 'De Vliegende Hollander' browser works flawlessly here.

I just blame on the boogie...

'Ow (Sunshine)
Ooh (Moonlight)
Yeah (Good times)
Mmm (Boogie)'
...Oh Yeah :think:

intika

Unread post by intika » 2017-03-11, 04:32

Off-topic:
Moonchild wrote:I just had a fantastic idea....
i will just refer Please try to keep things pleasant.
even you ?... i am surprised ... federator badge had been removed lol
JustOff wrote:...

i agree
kizo07 wrote:...

i told you keep the organization secret !!! we are damasked now hahahaha
This topic should be closed

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2017-03-14, 12:25

NotFunny wrote:
JustOff wrote: PS: I don't the hell know why you persistently refuse to be polite and constructive, but if you really care not only about yourself you have to stop spoiling the reputation of the entire Pale Moon community by acting this way.[/offtopic]
Yeah, he's an embarrassment to these forums, makes for ugly reading, even the Sig is deliberately obnoxious, embarrassing, and would never be permitted on a sane forum.
Why he's picking a fight with you, of all people, is beyond me.
I can only assume he's still around because MC needs an Oddjob 'enforcer' here.
Well maybe if people are letting their feelings be known, why not unlock Sun Glasses account so that people can speak their mind. I think when Sun Glasses and Richvideo were contributing, it actually allowed for spirited constructive discussion. Everyone just wants to help the community, right?
:)
Last edited by JodyThornton on 2017-03-14, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2017-03-14, 12:27

Moonchild wrote:I just had a fantastic idea.

kizo, intika, you both seem to be on the same page of "meta thinking" and having good ideas of how you would organize and structure a project like Pale Moon youself... How about you don't just talk about it here and imply that what we've done for the past 7 years has been substandard, mediocre, and otherwise to be spat at, and, you know, go out, there, set something up that is organized the way you think is fantastic, and just do it.

I'd love to see you get together and succeed.

Please do report back after a year or so and let us know how things are going?
But Moonchild, they bring up their ideas here, because they want to jointly contribute to your work. They want to be collaborators. I think they are trying to forward goodwill.

Why is that looked at as damning the project or this forum?

MGA74

Unread post by MGA74 » 2017-03-14, 19:18

So can we now have a constructive discussion with suggestions for action to be taken in the next six months?

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-03-15, 19:02

MGA74 wrote:So can we now have a constructive discussion with suggestions for action to be taken in the next six months?
Would assume that suggestions would be at this location: viewforum.php?f=13
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

MGA74

Unread post by MGA74 » 2017-03-15, 19:15

I was attempting to resurrect the positive feelings of the first three or four posts in this thread.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-03-15, 20:51

Gandalf, this has nothing to do with browser development. So not that would not be the right section.

As for the newest question. No. Apparently not.

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-03-16, 13:10

There are so many different topics in this thread. Some are on the topic as stated "plan for [External] items?" and others are completely off topic.
Matt A Tobin wrote:Gandalf, this has nothing to do with browser development. So not that would not be the right section.
I agree with you Matt, but so many different topics, where does it belong?

Sorry that I put in an incorrect link.

Me personally, well my Mom said to keep my mouth shut and I will follow that advice for now. :silent:
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

intika

Unread post by intika » 2017-03-31, 04:06

little bump/update here if any one interested in downloading all addons on AMO
here is a simple solution
https://github.com/andymckay/addons-server-mirror/
the download command is broken on the project (i correct it here)
https://github.com/andymckay/addons-ser ... r/issues/1
Fetching and downloading time is about 1h~2h
downside : not all version are downloaded just current one... (httrack could download the whole site but the dump last something like 20 days)
;)