Known Incompatibilities page has been updated!

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Known Incompatibilities page has been updated!

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-21, 23:24

After a fairly long hiatus, the Known Incompatibilities page has been updated to reflect changes in the add-on ecosystem for Pale Moon 27.1. This includes changes on SDK add-ons (including PMkit), WebExtensions, and even themes. Check it out!

https://addons.palemoon.org/incompatible/

If anything needs updating, do let me know and I'll have a look. Of note the pseudo-statics have been a hot topic lately and will be looked into soon, however are listed here for the time being.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Known Incompatibilities page has been updated!

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-02-22, 12:58

You may remove "Biscuit" from the list as it now works correctly. It was broken in PM 26.0 to 26.5 because cookies did not show in the native cookie manager. They were there but were invisible. Version 2.5.2 of "Biscuit" has worked correctly since PM 27.0 was released.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-22, 13:40

Lootyhoof wrote:Known Incompatibilities page has been updated to reflect changes in the add-on ecosystem for Pale Moon 27.1.
Thanks, you have done such a big work! :thumbup:

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-02-22, 15:34

there are still some edge cases like FinderBar Tweak not fully functioning, but otherwise a very comprehensive list!

piotrekslusarz

Unread post by piotrekslusarz » 2017-02-22, 15:37

Using Moon Tester Tool can be installed DownThemAll 3.0.8
It works without problems,

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-02-22, 19:11

piotrekslusarz wrote:Using Moon Tester Tool can be installed DownThemAll 3.0.8
It works without problems,
But does that mean it is actually compatible.. Using that extension to bypass compatibility isn't an actual solution.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-02-22, 19:37

I had User Styles Manager working (private mod) in one of the earlier PM27 releases but it is not working properly in 27.1.x.

I installed StylRRR with Moon Tester Tool but I'm not sure it's working (doesn't recognize scripts I added to the folder even after restart). I did see the post that says there is an updated version on the way for PM so I can wait.

I do have the pre-sellout-scandal version of Stylish saved but prefer to find another alternative.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-02-22, 19:52

Hmm.. Couldn't someone make a simple toolkit extension that chrome.manifest overrides and provides the s4e styling for those who want to use broken and incompatible firefox themes? I mean it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to slap it together..

Could even be expanded to a complete Firefox Theme Compatibility doober.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-02-22, 20:19

Was that meant as a reply to my post? I'm not using any themes, unless you count any added .css files as included in that. I might be able to get either User Styles Manager or StylRRR to work, but if someone is already working on it then I won't bother. USM just has a better GUI but all that really matters is getting the styles to work.

piotrekslusarz

Unread post by piotrekslusarz » 2017-02-22, 20:46

Matt A Tobin wrote:
But does that mean it is actually compatible.. Using that extension to bypass compatibility isn't an actual solution.
Yes, I though maybe someone will want to use it in this way.
Some extensions have written to install using the Moon Tester Tool

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-22, 21:20

GreenGeek wrote:I installed StylRRR with Moon Tester Tool but I'm not sure it's working
I'm using it this way, works fine for me.
doesn't recognize scripts I added to the folder even after restart
I hope you mean styles, not scripts? If so, they should be added via StylRRR interface, just copy to folder isn't enough.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-22, 21:33

piotrekslusarz wrote:Yes, I though maybe someone will want to use it in this way.Some extensions have written to install using the Moon Tester Tool
Actually I see no good reason to force installation of most recent version if older one works well enough. DownThemAll is the case.

piotrekslusarz

Unread post by piotrekslusarz » 2017-02-22, 21:41

JustOff wrote: Actually I see no good reason to force installation of most recent version if older one works well enough. DownThemAll is the case.
I understand,just inform.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-02-23, 01:04

JustOff wrote:I hope you mean styles, not scripts? If so, they should be added via StylRRR interface, just copy to folder isn't enough.
Yea, that works, I saw that but hadn't taken time to try it until now.

I had also tried your mod posted in another thread and that one does not work (no button). Unless it's for an older version of PM, maybe it should be removed, or have a Moderator remove the link in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14389&p=102746&hil ... rr#p102746

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-23, 20:43

Thanks for the feedback, all!

The page has been updated once again as a result. :thumbup:

- Removed Biscuit (it's compatible without requiring a fix)
- Removed RefControl (it's compatible without requiring a fix)
- Added StylRRR (for good measure)
- Added Greasemonkey ("Fork" branch) - as per developer GMforker's wish this should not be viewed as a true fork, so is not more fully featured on the site

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-23, 21:23

Here are a few more additions:
  • iMacros for Firefox 8.8.7 doesn't work in 27.1, workaround is 8.9.7 via Moon Tester Tool
  • SoundCloud Player doesn't work because of Australis-specific code
  • Privacy Badger (listed twice) should likely be moved to Wontfix (see here and there)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-02-23, 21:34

Disabling compatibility ONCE AGAIN should not be an option that you advise users.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-23, 22:18

I agree that MTT can't be treated as a recommended solution, but I see nothing wrong in sharing the info that specific version of specific add-on can be installed this way as a workaround (considering all restrictions noted in MTT description). Probably such nuances should also be outlined more clearly on the Known Incompatibilities page.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-23, 23:06

Thanks, I've updated the page again.

- Added cautionary note for MTT
- Changed iMacros compatible version
- Privacy Badger is now WONTFIX
- SoundCloud Player is now WONTFIX

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-04, 01:21

This page has been updated again, with the following changes:

- Recommend the use of the Theme Compatibility Provider for non-supported themes
- Provide last known working version for Twitch Now as workaround
- Simple YouTube MP3 Button is now Pending

Additionally, Auto-Sort Bookmarks is listed as Fixed and now has an entry on the Pale Moon Add-ons Site. This was changed on 2017-02-27 (though I forgot to mention here - whoops!).