"Search Plugins" ... page, suggestion Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

"Search Plugins" ... page, suggestion

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2017-01-11, 08:33

It took me a while to work out how the "links" on Search Plugins page work.
- there are no "instructions" on the Search Plugins page ... "How to install a Plugin"

Any links for downloads I right-click -> New tab ... so that I dont "lose" the original source, if things go pear-shaped before the download actually appears.
- unfortunately my method fails on Search Plugins page
- right-click -> New tab just opens a new instance of the "Search Plugins" page
- the link-pointer does not break between links, so the list appears to be one large link

I would like to suggest a single line at the top of the page ...
Left-Click any plugin (search engine) to install it now, there will be an opportunity to continue or abandon the install
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: "Search Plugins" ... page, suggestion

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-01-11, 09:18

The installation MUST happen as a javascript event. As a consequence it can not simply link to the xml file. That is the only way the browser will trigger the installation of a search plugin.

EDIT: As for not knowing what you are clicking on.. An update to the styling has been pushed to enable a color change on hover of each item. With this change it should avoid the need of any sort of message of WHERE to click. As for left-click vs middle-click.. Assuming anyone tries it it would be a mistake that would only happen once.

bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: "Search Plugins" ... page, suggestion

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2017-02-08, 00:41

Thank you for your reply :)

Apologies for belated thank you, Ill health has screwed my energy levels.
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)