No FinderBar Tweak version 1.2.3 update as announced Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
Zitrus

No FinderBar Tweak version 1.2.3 update as announced

Unread post by Zitrus » 2016-10-03, 14:09

Pale Moon's add-on-manager signals an update of FinderBar Tweak 1.2.2 to 1.2.3. But when I start the update procedure it always update to the same version 1.2.2 :o

And https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/search-tools/finderbar-tweak/ refers to FinderBar Tweak version 1.2.3 - but each time I download and save it I only get the old version 1.2.2 :eh:

Pale Moon's add-on-manager rotates incandescently due to always claiming an update from FinderBar Tweak 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 and always gets merely version 1.2.2 :crazy:

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: No FinderBar Tweak version 1.2.3 update as announced

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-03, 15:06

I'll look into it.

Zitrus

Unread post by Zitrus » 2016-10-05, 11:36

Zitrus wrote:...Pale Moon's add-on-manager rotates incandescently due to always claiming an update...
Ok - for the time beeing: against the add-on manager's useless rummaging for the unsearchable finderbar-tweak-update I applied a rough-and-ready patch to the xpi's belonging install.rdf modifying the version to 1.2.3 :idea: - now the overexerted add-on manager gets well again :angel: and I'll wait patiently what future finds :coffee:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-05, 11:55

Could have just told it not to search for updates for it.. But yeah.. Alright.. I have released 1.2.3.1 to resolve the issue.. Also, updated compat.. NOTE this extension will not work on Tycho.. Likely..

You were quite correct that the install.rdf did not match the intended version.. Given it has been 2 years.. I am surprised no one noticed.. Perhaps it only became a problem when we audited AUS and ensured every extension has a setup update path.. Who knows.. In any case...

RESOLVED FIXED

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2016-12-17, 10:04

this is the only addon i lost from the tycho transition. hope it will be revived in the future

joe04

Unread post by joe04 » 2017-01-12, 02:54

FYI, most of it still works fine in v27:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13963#p103374

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-01-12, 03:23

Yeah well.. Someone else will have to take this extension over. Things have changed since then.