Update addons from beta versions channel Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
JustOff

Update addons from beta versions channel

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-01-11, 21:53

As far as I see, currently Palemoon check for new addons versions via addons.palemoon.org/phoebus/services/aus/check.php, which redirects to versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org/update/VersionCheck.php after some adaptation.

The problem is that during this redirect current version parameter (&version=) stripped, so if you was on beta channel you will lose it and switch to release channel.

Here is the example:
https://addons.palemoon.org/phoebus/ser ... ode=normal redirects to https://versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org ... ode=normal and returns version 2.0.4, while it should be 2.0.5b6, based on &version=2.0.5b4 paramenter.

JustOff

Re: Update addons from beta versions channel

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-01-13, 17:11

Any comments from PM team?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-10-25, 16:18

Sorry for unintentional foul, but the message remains the same: could you please make any comment about the problem?

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2016-10-25, 17:36

Sorry, I'm not from PM Team, just a user. But I'm curious why you or anyone would expect AMO to understand PM's beta version. AMO doesn't even get it right when you visit manually (I used to adjust the UAstring to get better results but mostly I don't even try to browse the site with PM anymore). AMO doesn't even come close to getting SeaMonkey compatibility correct, and doesn't care about PM at all. It's a Firefox addon site mostly (OK for Waterfox). I personally don't want AMO trying to guess what will work with my installed versions of PM, and disable automatic updates (did same for SM). I guess if I could have it fetch updates only from APO I would enable that. But I think some of the more advanced functionality is awaiting the new and improved addons site.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-10-25, 18:01

GreenGeek, when you run PM and check for addons update, addons.palemoon.org redirects your request to AMO, in case this addon is not hosted on PM addons site. The problem is that when you have beta version of addon (not PM!), addons.palemoon.org strips the info about channel from redirect to AMO, so your addon is automatically updated to the release branch.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-10-25, 20:36

Thank you very much!

Btw, along with correct brunch selection when updating, this fix should bring the correct info into addons stats on AMO, where all Pale Moon users till now were always marked as users of unknown addon version.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-25, 21:11

It should show us as Firefox 24.9 last I saw any statistics.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-10-25, 21:42

Yes, but version of addons was unknown (named as "Invalid" in stats) and now should become actual.