Add-ons site upgrade - planned downtime

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Add-ons site upgrade - planned downtime

Unread postby Moonchild » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 16:09

On Saturday February 16th at 00:00 UTC, we will start our upgrade process for the add-ons site to a fully self-serve in-house-written website, Phoebus 2.0.

This upgrade involves a complete changeover of software and how extensions are stored and handled.
Future updates by extension developers will be done through a web interface.

At the stated time, the FTP server will be shut down and no further updates to extensions will be possible through FTP from that point forward.
Availability of the add-ons site may be spotty during the upgrade process which may take the entire weekend to complete -- Tobin, the author of the site software and chief responsible for this upgrade, will be posting to this thread when there are updates of note and when the transition is complete.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Add-ons site upgrade - planned downtime

Unread postby New Tobin Paradigm » Sat, 16 Feb 2019, 01:13

FTP was shutdown an hour ago.. I have switched the live sites over to the TRUNK code before I do a final sign off and merge into RELEASE and LIVE branches.

Current status is: The Pale Moon, Basilisk, and Interlink Add-ons Sites are online for the rest of the night. The Phoebus Panel is currently disabled in case another SQL migration run needs done between now and later on Saturday.

Dictionaries currently redirects to Thunderbird's Add-ons Site but we will have our own set of forked dictionaries some 70+ of them in the VERY near future, just not this weekend.

I do, however, welcome your comments in this thread. I shall try really REALLY hard not to overreact to negative ones ;)

Reminder: Service can and will be spotty as I make final adjustments.
New Tobin Paradigm

Help I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone / Place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned
My beacon's been moved under moon and star / Where am I to go, now that I've gone too far

http://binaryoutcast.com/ | http://thereisonlyxul.org/

Return to “The Pale Moon add-ons website”