The future for extensions listed but not hosted by Pale Moon

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website.

Moderators: Indalecio, satrow, Lootyhoof, Andrew Gilbertson

Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
mr tribute
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

The future for extensions listed but not hosted by Pale Moon

Postby mr tribute » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 am

I have two questions related to this page:

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/

First question: Will there be an effort to save all AMO hosted extensions listed on this page? PM compatible AMO hosted extensions will probably disappear when Firefox 52 ESR bites the dust.

Second question is related to the colored dots in Pale Moon Add-ons Manager.

On the linked page there is an extension called EPUBReader. There is also an extension called Screengrab (fix version). Both extensions are hosted on AMO.

What is interesting is that EPUBReader has an orange dot in Pale Moon Add-ons Manager while Screengrab has a blue dot. I thought only Pale Moon hosted extensions had blue dots...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: The future for extensions listed but not hosted by Pale Moon

Postby Moonchild » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:45 am

mr tribute wrote:Will there be an effort to save all AMO hosted extensions listed on this page?

There are plans to ensure all (relevant) extensions that do not otherwise prohibit redistribution are kept available even if AMO would decide to remove them.

mr tribute wrote:On the linked page there is an extension called EPUBReader. There is also an extension called Screengrab (fix version). Both extensions are hosted on AMO.

What is interesting is that EPUBReader has an orange dot in Pale Moon Add-ons Manager while Screengrab has a blue dot. I thought only Pale Moon hosted extensions had blue dots...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14280
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

mr tribute
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Postby mr tribute » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:41 pm

OK, thanks for the info. Pale Moon is ready for the future, good to know! :thumbup:

galaxysurfer
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby galaxysurfer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:46 pm

{{extension removed}}
The extension that was requested above. version is 3.1.1.1

Moderator note: please DO NOT post extensions on the forum like this. I don't even see it being requested, but even so, you should point people to the proper place, or if it needs to be hosted on our add-ons site, contact the correct people to make that happen.

petrus
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby petrus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:02 am

Such scraped extension collections could be hosted on the Internet Archive (archive.org) which is DMCA exempt!

[PCMartin]
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby [PCMartin] » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Not too long ago I downloaded a reportedly compatible beta version of DownThemAll from the Internet Archive, when DownThemAll's site was temporarily inaccessible. Maybe this was only a fluke, but Internet Archive's copy was corrupted, confirmed via multiple downloads. (DownThemAll's site went back up a few days later, and their copy was fine.) Whatever repositories Pale Moon ends up relying on, I'd want them to have more robust file verification than Internet Archive appears to have.

Return to “The Pale Moon add-ons website”