[SOLVED] Flash troubles

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

SeliasK

[SOLVED] Flash troubles

Unread post by SeliasK » 2015-02-06, 01:54

Just updated from an earlier version of Pale Moon, and all of a sudden, my Flash wouldn't work. I spent about an hour trying to get it to work, and finally (apparently) found a fix, when I turned off Firefox Compatibility, and Pandora started to work. Of course, THEN my flash games still wouldn't load, so I turned Firefox Compatibility back on, and Pandora stopped working, again. Help?

EDIT: Switching back to 20.3 fixed it, but I WOULD still like a way to use 25.2.1.

EDIT2: Not sure if it's connected, but when I use 25.2.1, Adblock Latitude doesn't work, either.
Last edited by SeliasK on 2015-02-06, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

squarefractal

Re: Flash troubles

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-02-06, 05:08

Please don't use 20.3, it's very old, unsupported and has many unpatched vulnerabilities.

What extensions do you have? Did you try a clean profile?

SeliasK

Unread post by SeliasK » 2015-02-06, 09:08

squarefractal wrote:Please don't use 20.3, it's very old, unsupported and has many unpatched vulnerabilities.

What extensions do you have? Did you try a clean profile?
Oh, looks like that worked. Darn. That means that I now have to get a bunch of extensions, user styles, and user scripts.
Last edited by SeliasK on 2015-02-06, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-02-06, 09:16

You can install FEBE (install the pre-Australis version, from http://softwarebychuck.com/), and import your extensions, themes, bookmarks etc. (but do NOT backup preferences) and import them to your new profile. Userscripts should be located inside the profile folder and you should be able to manually install them as well.

SeliasK

Unread post by SeliasK » 2015-02-06, 09:46

squarefractal wrote:You can install FEBE (install the pre-Australis version, from http://softwarebychuck.com/), and import your extensions, themes, bookmarks etc. (but do NOT backup preferences) and import them to your new profile. Userscripts should be located inside the profile folder and you should be able to manually install them as well.
Great! Thank you! Just to be sure, that's any version that was released before April 29th, right?

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-02-06, 10:29

SeliasK wrote:Great! Thank you! Just to be sure, that's any version that was released before April 29th, right?
Actually, it turns out that you can use the latest version as well ;)
I just made a backup using version 8.3.1 without any problems.

SeliasK

Unread post by SeliasK » 2015-02-06, 16:31

Well, thank you for your help. Everything is working fine, now.