Google Voice plugin compatibiliy

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

FergyA

Google Voice plugin compatibiliy

Unread post by FergyA » 2014-11-23, 04:28

Name: Google Voice Plugin
Type: Plugin
Issue: Attempting to make a phone call through gmail no longer works, says plugin needs to be installed (worked fine in 24).
Cause: Plugin dlls don't seem to be installing into the X:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\plugins folder as they were with version 24, plugin also doesn't appear on the plugins list. Guessing installer doesn't recognize Pale Moon as a compatible browser anymore even though it says installed successfully.
AMO: http://www.google.com/intl/en/chat/voice/

FergyA

Re: Compatibility Reports for v25

Unread post by FergyA » 2014-11-23, 09:02

Err, this was supposed to be in reply to the stickied thread. Also I managed to get it working by doing a full uninstall of the plugin including manual deletion of any files left behind (particularly the plugins folder mentioned previously). I tried reinstalling without doing the manual delete first, but that didn't seem to work so I'm guessing that's a necessary step.

FergyA

Unread post by FergyA » 2014-11-23, 09:05

Slight clarification, I had to delete the plugins folder in my old firefox profile folder before it would reinstall properly.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-23, 09:23

FergyA wrote:Err, this was supposed to be in reply to the stickied thread.
Yes, and I split it off because it's not an extension but a plugin, and would be off-topic for that thread.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Agent Orange

Unread post by Agent Orange » 2015-07-29, 14:31

With Pale Moon 25.5.0 (x64) on Linux, with the talk plugin installed, I'm getting this message when visiting https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/:
Google Hangouts wrote:
We're sorry but this product does not support your browser at this time.
Please install or use one of the browsers listed below. Thanks!

Chrome 37+ Internet Explorer 9 (32-bit) or 10+ Firefox 36+ Safari 6+

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-07-29, 14:52

For Windows: There will NEVER be a 64bit version of the Google Talk plugin. It has LONG been deprecated in favor for webrtc.

Your choice is to use 32bit browser or use Google Chrome for hangouts.

For Linux: I don't think there was ever a Google Talk plugin but I could be wrong..

Your choice is likely to use Google Chrome for hangouts.

Moderator: Please rename the topic title.

Agent Orange

Unread post by Agent Orange » 2015-11-23, 17:08

Matt A Tobin wrote:For Linux: I don't think there was ever a Google Talk plugin but I could be wrong..

Your choice is likely to use Google Chrome for hangouts.
The hangouts error message I posted states that on Linux, you can use Hangouts (you just have to be using one of the "approved" browsers, to include Firefox.)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Google Voice plugin compatibiliy

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-23, 23:13

Well.. Now yes.. a browser that supports webrtc + satisfies UA checks.

Still it only works well in Chrome and maybe Opera.