Pale Moon (Mac) 25.3.1 build

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
BitVapor

Pale Moon (Mac) 25.3.1 build

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-03-26, 02:02

Hi all,

Here's my latest build of Pale Moon 25.3.1 for Mac:

palemoon-25.3.1-20150326-0151.en-US.mac64.dmg

This has the Mac theme (in progress!) included. There is still a minor UI issue remaining with the YouTube Flash player.

Moonchild: I'm working on the patch set for you and will get that to you soon.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pale Moon (Mac) 25.3.1 build

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-26, 02:50

Greetings BitVapor.. Are you using a fork of the git repository because if that is the case it would be a fairly simple matter to do a pull request on your changes..

BitVapor

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-03-26, 05:14

Matt,

The build I provided was from the 25.3.1 tarball with my modifications added. But, I re-added the mods to a checkout of the git master tree and attempted to create a pull request but had some errors doing so. I'll contact you and/or Moonchild later; I'm likely doing something wrong on my end.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2015-04-01, 14:30

Updated from 25.2.1 to 25.3.1 and there's the attached UI issue. Also, on mouse hover in the Bookmarks Toolbar the links/folders are not selected ('shadowed'). MacOS 10.9.5 - also tried Safe Mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

teknowledgist

Unread post by teknowledgist » 2015-04-02, 02:59

Thanks for the work you are doing.

Is anyone else seeing the icons in the status bar on the left side instead of the right?

T.

BitVapor

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-04-03, 01:02

back2themoon wrote:Updated from 25.2.1 to 25.3.1 and there's the attached UI issue. Also, on mouse hover in the Bookmarks Toolbar the links/folders are not selected ('shadowed'). MacOS 10.9.5 - also tried Safe Mode.
I never tried "full-screen mode" before. Also, I see what you're saying about the lack of a border appearing around bookmark items upon mouse-hover. Thanks for pointing those out.

Update: I have confirmed that the full screen issue exists with the pre-existing Mac theme.
teknowledgist wrote:Thanks for the work you are doing.

Is anyone else seeing the icons in the status bar on the left side instead of the right?

T.
In my rush to get a 25.3.1 build out the door, I neglected to get the status bar stuff merged in. Sorry about that!

BitVapor

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-04-11, 19:28

Hi all,

There was an update to Xcode this week which--surprise!--broke the Mac build. I've solved some (but not all) of the problems. I'll have a new build posted to the forum once I get the remaining issues taken care of.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-04-12, 11:13

Speaking of, do you think you could make a pull request for the theme changes you have so far, so it's at least in the repo? :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BitVapor

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-04-22, 04:22

Update: I've got an Xcode 6.2 build environment successfully configured in a Mavericks VM (thus subverting the new clang-related breakage) and am working to get a new build out soon. I found a couple of theming issues that I'd like to resolve before creating a pull request. I'll get back on it after I return from work tomorrow later today!