Pale Moon 25.3.0 build (updated 2015.03.20)

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
BitVapor

Pale Moon 25.3.0 build (updated 2015.03.20)

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-03-15, 06:07

Hi all,

I've got another Mac Pale Moon build for those interested:

(original; no PM theme)
http://splunge.dreamhosters.com/palemoon-25.3.0-20150315-0550.en-US.mac64.dmg

(PM theme under construction
http://splunge.dreamhosters.com/palemoon-25.3.0-20150320-0345.en-US.mac64.dmg

The status bar is working now, but the PM skin/theme remains unimplemented. I'm still experiencing some minor UI weirdness with the YouTube player, but it appears that everything is functional.

Moonchild, I'll follow up with you and the devs regarding the skinning situation very soon as I have the feeling that, with the assistance of someone who actually knows something about XUL, the UI could be fixed fairly easily. I think I'm missing it by -> <- THAT much!

Update 2015.03.20: added new build with a (mostly) implemented Pale Moon theme
Last edited by BitVapor on 2015-03-20, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon 25.3.0 build

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-15, 08:46

Awesome, thanks :)

As for skinning, you probably just want to talk to me; I'm the most well-versed in the xul/css part of the UI. The problem is that I don't have a Mac to work with, and unless I can have a working setup in a VM I'll have to fly blind which doesn't make it easier.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

teknowledgist

Unread post by teknowledgist » 2015-03-17, 03:18

Thanks for your hard work. Pale (New) Moon is working pretty well on my 10.8.5 system.

One issue I'm seeing (Is it just me?) is there is no "Find" bar. I can hit cmd-F and see the "Edit" menu flash in acknowledgement of the command, but nothing appears into which I can type nor any buttons as I usually see on the Windows side (or in FF). I noticed this with 25.2.1 and just upgraded to 25.3 thinking it must be fixed. It's not.

I have a few extensions, but they don't cause a problem on my Windows systems.

Thanks again.

teknowledgist

Unread post by teknowledgist » 2015-03-17, 03:24

Ignore my last post, sorry. I noticed after I posted that I also had permenantly inactive back/forward buttons. Restarting didn't help, but it seems that the "Stylish-Custom" extension was causing the problem.

Thanks again for the OS X version of the best browser out there.

BitVapor

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-03-17, 16:49

You're welcome! I'm glad you resolved your issue.

Also, I've made quite a bit of progress on the Mac theme and expect to have a new build uploaded real soon now™.

BitVapor

Re: Pale Moon 25.3.0 build (updated 2015.03.20)

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-03-20, 04:00

On the original post, I've added a link to a new build which implements the Pale Moon theme:

To my knowledge, the only outstanding issue is the small white border on the left and right side of the screen. I'd appreciate people giving it a whirl and letting me know what else I may have missed. Thanks!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-20, 10:32

Fantastic work! :thumbup:
Please create a pull request or send me the patch so I can integrate it into trunk. Small tweaks and fixes to polish it up can be added in later commits.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BitVapor

Unread post by BitVapor » 2015-03-21, 04:03

Thanks! I'll create a pull request once I perform a bit of clean-up.