White Star testers required

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
dbsoft
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

White Star testers required

Unread post by dbsoft » 2023-06-27, 20:43

I need to test several future changes coming to Pale Moon.

My current Pale Moon Intel build system is running MacOS 13 Ventura with Xcode 14...

I have tested MacOS 14 Sonoma on ARM with Xcode 15 beta and everything worked.

However when I attempted to build on Intel with Xcode 15 beta I had issues with the 10.12 SDK I had been using.

The 11.3 SDK I use on ARM built successfully. I also am still trying to unify the packaging on both ARM and Intel.... due to problems some people encountered when using the ARM packaging on Intel, I have been using the old packaging code on Intel. So I need some people to test these new White Star builds.... they are built with the same SDK and packaging as ARM.

I need people to make sure there are not any behavior regressions by upgrading the SDK, and I want to see if people are still having problems with the packaging. I am hoping the updated SDK will prevent the problems I had with the new packaging.

Download White Star 32.3.0 Intel Mac Beta

Will probably have some follow-up builds to test depending on the results.

Southern_Computer_Geek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: White Star testers required

Unread post by Southern_Computer_Geek » 2023-06-28, 21:20

It seems to be working fine on Mac OS 12.6.1 (Monterey). Are there any particular issues I should be looking out for?

dbsoft
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by dbsoft » 2023-06-28, 22:39

Southern_Computer_Geek wrote:
2023-06-28, 21:20
It seems to be working fine on Mac OS 12.6.1 (Monterey). Are there any particular issues I should be looking out for?
Nothing specific, just any (negative) change in behavior from previous versions.

adarkhaired1
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by adarkhaired1 » 2023-06-29, 07:15

It's working as expected on my installation of macOS Catalina (10.15.7). Also I Haven't had any problems with other versions of Pale Moon for Mac 64-bit Intel.

dbsoft
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by dbsoft » 2023-07-06, 22:14

Has anyone tested that had issues with 32.2.0?