Which is the best browser for OS X 10.6

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
neville

Which is the best browser for OS X 10.6

Unread post by neville » 2020-11-12, 10:45

I have a Mac Pro 1.1 with OS X 10.6.8. Until recently I have used Firefox 45.9.0 ESR but it now fails to work on a few sites. In trying to find an alternative browser I have tried: ArcticFox, InterWeb, New Moon, PaleMoon, and SpiderWeb with the following results:

ArcticFox 27.11.0 - fast but fails to open some web pages

InterWeb 60.9.1 - works well but I can't open Advanced Preferences

New Moon 27.9.4 - fails to open some web pages

Pale Moon 28.15.0 - does not work with my OS X

SpiderWeb 2.2.1 - works well

Both InterWeb and SpiderWeb are adequate for the time being but I would be interested to know if there are any better browsers which work with OS X 10.6.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Which is the best browser for OS X 10.6

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-12, 11:45

I think what you've listed is about what's available. 10.6 is simply too old to be supported by us in our current development.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

neville

Unread post by neville » 2020-11-12, 11:50

OK - thanks - where do you list what is supported?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-12, 12:13

I answered this in the other thread.

neville

Unread post by neville » 2020-11-12, 14:05

I have rarely met Mac software which fails to specify compatibility at point of download and often also in a downloaded ReadMe.

Which versions does it work with and are there older versions which work with OS X 10.6.8 ?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-12, 17:45

This was already answered in the other thread.