Which is the best browser for OS X 10.6

Support and discussions for the Apple Mac OS X builds of Pale Moon
Forum rules
Important note:
The Mac OSX version of Pale Moon is provided by various people and is not official or in any way organized at this moment. Your assistance in bringing this build to fruition is greatly appreciated, but you can expect there to be bugs and problems as long as we don't have a maintainer or official builds!

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.

Please also note that these builds are currently created by various independent Mac OS X people and not by our core team; core devs will likely not be able to provide insight or assistance due to lack of Mac hardware and OS/build knowledge for Mac. You'll have to solve the issues among yourselves.
neville
Moongazer
Moongazer

Which is the best browser for OS X 10.6

Post by neville » 2020-11-12, 10:45

I have a Mac Pro 1.1 with OS X 10.6.8. Until recently I have used Firefox 45.9.0 ESR but it now fails to work on a few sites. In trying to find an alternative browser I have tried: ArcticFox, InterWeb, New Moon, PaleMoon, and SpiderWeb with the following results:

ArcticFox 27.11.0 - fast but fails to open some web pages

InterWeb 60.9.1 - works well but I can't open Advanced Preferences

New Moon 27.9.4 - fails to open some web pages

Pale Moon 28.15.0 - does not work with my OS X

SpiderWeb 2.2.1 - works well

Both InterWeb and SpiderWeb are adequate for the time being but I would be interested to know if there are any better browsers which work with OS X 10.6.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Which is the best browser for OS X 10.6

Post by Moonchild » 2020-11-12, 11:45

I think what you've listed is about what's available. 10.6 is simply too old to be supported by us in our current development.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss

neville
Moongazer
Moongazer

Post by neville » 2020-11-12, 11:50

OK - thanks - where do you list what is supported?

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-12, 12:13

I answered this in the other thread.
Is it that you have no idea where you are going or what you're supposed to be doing right now?
Or did you just assume when you saw that timer that something in this room is capable of turning it off?

neville
Moongazer
Moongazer

Post by neville » 2020-11-12, 14:05

I have rarely met Mac software which fails to specify compatibility at point of download and often also in a downloaded ReadMe.

Which versions does it work with and are there older versions which work with OS X 10.6.8 ?

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-12, 17:45

This was already answered in the other thread.
Is it that you have no idea where you are going or what you're supposed to be doing right now?
Or did you just assume when you saw that timer that something in this room is capable of turning it off?