New Moon vs Firefox Legacy?

Support and discussions for the Apple Mac OS X builds of Pale Moon
Forum rules
Important note:
The Mac OSX version of Pale Moon is provided by various people and is not official or in any way organized at this moment. Your assistance in bringing this build to fruition is greatly appreciated, but you can expect there to be bugs and problems as long as we don't have a maintainer or official builds!

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.

Please also note that these builds are currently created by various independent Mac OS X people and not by our core team; core devs will likely not be able to provide insight or assistance due to lack of Mac hardware and OS/build knowledge for Mac. You'll have to solve the issues among yourselves.
Kendo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: New Moon vs Firefox Legacy?

Post by Kendo » 2021-01-30, 14:57

Anyone glancing at the content of its program folder will think it the same because the same files and folder structure is there, even in their developer edition.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2021-01-30, 16:02

Don't necro-post.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss

Kendo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Post by Kendo » 2021-01-31, 08:46

Moonchild wrote:
2021-01-30, 16:02
Don't necro-post.
???

jobbautista9
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by jobbautista9 » 2021-01-31, 10:06

Rule 2d:
When you post a reply to a thread (e.g. after searching) please check the age of the thread.
If the last activity in the thread was more than a few months ago, you are likely replying to a topic that has already been concluded, of which the participants are no longer active, or to a topic that is, in fact, not exactly what you are wanting to write about or only sideways related (replying to old and inactive threads is so-called necro-posting: the thread's discussion is pretty much dead).
If you can't find an active thread about your exact topic, please make a new topic, since old discussions about something more-or-less related is likely not relevant to the topic you're wanting to discuss. You can always link to the thread you found, of course, for reference if you think it's actually important to point to what was previously discussed.
I just love Cyndaquil. Obviously the best Johto starter!

THE QUIL IS BACK IN THE GAME

Developer of Ambassador in Window Menu, BrowserTickTock, Clickity Touch 'n Push, ColorPili, EditDatContent, EditDatTitle, Esrever, and Go Menu.

Kendo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Post by Kendo » 2021-02-02, 08:24

Sorry but I posted into a thread where I thought that my observation was suited.

In fact I expected some intelligent and constructive input as to why they may look similar when there is so much mentioned about them being different.

If i wanted to talk to the dead, I would have started a seance.

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-02, 08:32

Ok.. The latter is Old and Insecure the former is Old, Insecure, half-assed, run by criminal hackers and thieves.

There you go.
As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball.
But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2021-02-02, 11:15

Kendo wrote:
2021-02-02, 08:24
If i wanted to talk to the dead, I would have started a seance.
:problem:

OK, time to lock this, I guess.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss