New Moon vs Firefox Legacy?

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
Kendo
Banned user
Banned user

Re: New Moon vs Firefox Legacy?

Unread post by Kendo » 2021-01-30, 14:57

Anyone glancing at the content of its program folder will think it the same because the same files and folder structure is there, even in their developer edition.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-01-30, 16:02

Don't necro-post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kendo
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Kendo » 2021-01-31, 08:46

Moonchild wrote:
2021-01-30, 16:02
Don't necro-post.
???

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-01-31, 10:06

Rule 2d:
When you post a reply to a thread (e.g. after searching) please check the age of the thread.
If the last activity in the thread was more than a few months ago, you are likely replying to a topic that has already been concluded, of which the participants are no longer active, or to a topic that is, in fact, not exactly what you are wanting to write about or only sideways related (replying to old and inactive threads is so-called necro-posting: the thread's discussion is pretty much dead).
If you can't find an active thread about your exact topic, please make a new topic, since old discussions about something more-or-less related is likely not relevant to the topic you're wanting to discuss. You can always link to the thread you found, of course, for reference if you think it's actually important to point to what was previously discussed.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

Kendo
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Kendo » 2021-02-02, 08:24

Sorry but I posted into a thread where I thought that my observation was suited.

In fact I expected some intelligent and constructive input as to why they may look similar when there is so much mentioned about them being different.

If i wanted to talk to the dead, I would have started a seance.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-02, 08:32

Ok.. The latter is Old and Insecure the former is Old, Insecure, half-assed, run by criminal hackers and thieves.

There you go.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-02-02, 11:15

Kendo wrote:
2021-02-02, 08:24
If i wanted to talk to the dead, I would have started a seance.
:problem:

OK, time to lock this, I guess.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite