Loving 25.4

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
konarktriv7

Loving 25.4

Unread post by konarktriv7 » 2020-05-26, 09:15

I've been using NewMoon v. 25.4 with OSX 10.6.8 for about 5-6 months, and with 10.7 for a month or so. It's my browser of choice. Fast, neat and clean interface, and easy to navigate compared to Google Chrome or (ugh!) Firefox. I only wish it had a built-in "reader" function like Safari and some other browsers. I appreciate all the work done on development of this browser. Question: What's the difference between NewMoon and PaleMoon?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Loving 25.4

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-05-26, 09:33

konarktriv7 wrote:
2020-05-26, 09:15
I only wish it had a built-in "reader" function like Safari and some other browsers.
You've never heard of browser extensions? There is no reason for Pale Moon to have anything built-in, whatsoever when there are a million ways to extend functionality already.
konarktriv7 wrote:
What's the difference between NewMoon and PaleMoon?
New Moon is an unofficial build, hence not supported by the dev team here. You'll have to speak to whoever maintains New Moon if you run into any problems.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-05-26, 09:37

It's also strongly recommended you update your Pale Moon/New Moon to something a lot more recent than what you have now. v25.4 is hopelessly outdated and insecure.

For mac OS X we don't have official builds (yet) so new moon is the only one you'll e able to get for your O.S. at this time. For more recent builds see other topics in this board.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

konarktriv7

Unread post by konarktriv7 » 2020-05-27, 22:16

konarktriv7 wrote:
I've been using NewMoon v. 25.4 with OSX 10.6.8 for about 5-6 months, and with 10.7 for a month or so. It's my browser of choice. Fast, neat and clean interface, and easy to navigate compared to Google Chrome or (ugh!) Firefox. I only wish it had a built-in "reader" function like Safari and some other browsers. I appreciate all the work done on development of this browser. Question: What's the difference between NewMoon and PaleMoon?

Update: My issue has been solved, thank you.

Moderator note: off-topic suspect links removed.