Pale Moon for Mac updates

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Pale Moon for Mac updates

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2020-04-02, 08:39

Hi all! It's an exciting day for Pale Moon on macOS, thanks to some recent changes being made:
Lootyhoof has updated the default theme to visually merge the titlebar with the highest toolbar (plus some tweaks to the search bar and forward button). Here's what it looks like:
New macOS default theme changes
New macOS default theme changes
And I fixed the history swipe bug. This feature has been broken for a while, but now you'll once again be able to navigate back and forward in page history with two finger swipe gestures on a trackpad.
You can check these things out in this build. (Do note that it should be considered unstable as Pale Moon 29 has not been released yet. Built from the most recent commit on the master branch.)

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Pale Moon for Mac updates

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2020-04-02, 22:44

I don't see a dedicated "stop loading" button.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2020-04-03, 00:12

It's normally the same button as Reload, but you can split them by going into Customize and either putting a separator between them or switching their order so the Stop Button is on the left. I think there are also some extensions that can separate them. None of that is different than it has been.

Kasane

Unread post by Kasane » 2020-04-03, 20:54

Now that you mention theming, I noticed that in dbsoft's builds the color of the title bar sometimes blends with the rest of the browser and sometimes doesn't.
Also for some reason the improved theme didn't work on my end.
History swipe seems to work, although only after changing the trackpad gesture to use 3 fingers.
I'm starting to think these problems are caused by something in my profile folder, but launching the browser with a fresh profile ends with the same results.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2020-04-04, 12:37

Kasane wrote:
2020-04-03, 20:54
History swipe seems to work, although only after changing the trackpad gesture to use 3 fingers.
This may be related you your trackpad settings. Back / Forward works here using two finger swipe gesture, although it is instant (I'd prefer a slightly animated version for user feedback).