Pale Moon 28.8.4

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pale Moon 28.8.4

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-03-21, 19:27

Why?

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2020-03-21, 19:28

As a symbolic gesture of respect?

pteros
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by pteros » 2020-03-22, 11:46

I downloaded the last test build and I can confirm that it works on my 10.13.6 Mac. :thumbup:

Everyrthing seem ok but http://radio.garden/ that works with safari seems to be stuck, as it was on the previous build. I tries it on palemoon on windows and it seems to work, though it is slower than windows explorer.

BTW, thanks for the good job done,

Luciano.

Kasane

Unread post by Kasane » 2020-03-22, 18:10

pteros wrote:
2020-03-22, 11:46
I found the same problem in New Moon, Pale Moon for Linux (installed from the endorsed .deb files) and Waterfox Classic. Restarting any of the browsers in safe mode and accessing Radio Garden displays a message telling me that WebGL is not supported by the browser (for some reason the site doesn't display anything if you have add-ons enabled).
Strangely enough, Radio Garden used to work fine on Waterfox until recently, so I suspect the problem is caused by a recent change in the site and not by the browsers.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-03-22, 22:38

Well the website throws a typeerror -- unfortunately it's impossible to discern what causes it from a minified blob that has renamed all variables and functions.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kasane

Unread post by Kasane » 2020-03-24, 05:30

I think I found another bug, this time on the private window mode. By having a private window at the largest possible size the window control buttons disappear completely, and reducing the size of the window a little makes them visible again. I've attached a .webm file showing the error in question in the latest version of New Moon running in safe mode.
https://files.catbox.moe/2m3ahe.webm

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-03-24, 17:40

This is a known bug the workaround is to disable personas and custom windowframe om build. He will do this when he next rebuilds i suspect.