Contextual menu disabled Topic is solved

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
mooniac

Contextual menu disabled

Unread post by mooniac » 2019-12-11, 14:07

In Pale Moon (alias New Moon) 28.7.2 (Mac) most of the main commands in the right-click menu are disabled. These include commands to open link in new tab / new window / current tab; also 'save link' and 'send link' commands. This happens on any and every page, even html pages on my computer; it happens whether or not scripts are enabled; it happens in both normal mode and safe mode.

The commands simply do nothing at all.

Does anybody have any idea what's wrong and/or how to fix it?

(I hope nobody's going to tell me that New Moon is not the same as Pale Moon and therefore 'off-topic'. Half the time it calls itself Pale Moon, or palemoon, and I sometimes have to call it palemoon in applescripts to get the scripts to work.)

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Contextual menu disabled

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-12-11, 14:40

Try safe mode and/or a new profile and report back.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-12-12, 04:06

mooniac,

I can assure you this has to be something with your build and/or setup because many people here use New Moon without issues on Mac.

Where did you get the build from? Does it happen on specific pages or everywhere?

Since you already tried safe mode and problem didn't go away, you need to check if problem exists with a new vanilla profile also. To try that, close the browser and move ~/Library/Application Support/Pale Moon/ folder somewhere as a backup. If you don't care about your data in the browser, simply deleting that folder also achieves the same thing.

mooniac

Unread post by mooniac » 2019-12-12, 08:28

A new profile didn't help. It seems the problem was with the download. I downloaded the application again and the problem disappeared. I should really have thought of trying that before. But then the vital point usually turns out to be the one thing the sufferer overlooked.

Thanks for your interest, vannilla and adesh.