Help getting OpenJDK 8 working in Pale Moon for Mac

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
realmdee

Help getting OpenJDK 8 working in Pale Moon for Mac

Unread post by realmdee » 2019-11-20, 08:11

I installed OpenJDK 8 successfully using the instructions from this link https://installvirtual.com/install-open ... ptopenjdk/. But OpenJDK 8 is not appearing as installed in the Pale Moon Add-on Manager under plugins. Do I need to uninstall my installation of Oracle Java SE 8 first for OpenJDK 8 to appear or is OpenJDK 8 not compatible with Pale Moon for Mac? If I need to uninstall Oracle Java SE 8 first how would I do that? I am using OS X 10.5. I would like to migrate away from Oracle Java SE 8 so any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

HarmonicResonance

Re: Help getting OpenJDK 8 working in Pale Moon for Mac

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2019-11-20, 11:59

Hi, I'm looking at what I have installed under plugins and it's this: Java applet plugin 15.0.0.1, last updated in 2015. The JDK (Java Development Kit) really has nothing to do with the browser applet plugin. The applet plugin is what runs Java applets in the browser, so if what PM comes with doesn't work for you, you'll need to find another Java applet plugin.

Hope that helps!

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Help getting OpenJDK 8 working in Pale Moon for Mac

Unread post by adesh » 2019-11-20, 15:03

HarmonicResonance wrote:
2019-11-20, 11:59
so if what PM comes with doesn't work for you
Pale Moon does not contain anything Java software.